Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on April 19, 2015
They seemed to slip in the heel a bit at first, but I realized I had a crappy pair of sock on which aided in their dysfunction. After a change, they performed as expected. The shoes are extremely comfortable and this is coming from someone in their feet all day. Plus, they look really cool!
review image
on March 23, 2011
I have worn these all winter and they have kept my feet dry and warm. I live on a college campus so I do a lot of bike riding and walking and they have held up great.
on August 15, 2010
Similar style to Samba, but the Samoa has more cushion on the sole and offers a soft leather top. The rubber toe is convenient, when running around and bumping into things.

When walking around at times, it feels as if you're foot can slightly shift from left to right, instead of staying directly over the thick sole. This is probably since the leather upper is so soft. However, this is not an inconvenience since its such a slight shift.

You never feel pain when walking around in a pair of Samoa's since the cushion of the rubber sole is so strong and the actual inner sole is made with slight ridges for extra comfort and stability.

Samoa's last a long time and remain comfortable for the entire time you own them.
on April 6, 2015
Fits good, catched multiple people's eyes who gave prompt compliments. A few tried to identify the shoe itself but didn't quite get the Samoa haha. Overall comfy shoe, wore it a few times out and a whole day so far.
review image
on August 22, 2011
These Samoas seem to be more comfortable than other Adidas models I have worn. The leather quality is really nice. It's an old school pebble leather that I don't see much on modern sneakers. Superb cushioning and nice leather, doesn't get better than these. For fashion use of course, not any athletics.
on July 18, 2013
These shoes are pretty awesome; I got the red/white ones and they are the freshest things to ever bless my feet.

They're really comfortable, and the laces are good length. Stitching is done very well and the shoe is durable and sturdy.

Adidas did it good with this samoa line.
on December 3, 2010
I bought these instead of Sambas, because I heard that they had a problem with squeaking very loudly. These shoes however do not. They are very well made, fit well, and look great too! I also like how they come in a variety of colors, because it is very tempting to get another pair!!
on September 14, 2014
Style-wise, I give these 5 stars, but where they get knocked down a couple of stars is in the way they fit. They are very narrow (and I don't have wide feet) and the fit runs just a little smaller than any other shoe I have had in my size. Another thing is that the arch support area on the inside of your foot is a bit awkward and you really notice it when you first walk in them. I had the chance to walk in them for several miles yesterday and I noticed that they pinch across the top of your toes / foot when the shoe flexes. Even the next day when not wearing the shoes I can feel the spot where my foot was pinched all day.

I will definitely keep wearing them to see if they break in and fit better but I won't be doing any running or long distances in them.
on March 15, 2016
I really wanted to love these shoes. I love the look and color, but they are about the stiffest shoes I've ever owned. For being "sneakers" they are not comfortable. I kept thinking once I broke them in they'd be fine, but they never broke! They are also a little on the narrow side, so if you have wide feet or heaven forbid, bunions, these will kill you. Cute shoe, not comfy.
on June 6, 2015
The original Samoa was introduced in the mid 1970s (NOT in the early 1980s as some sources on the internet have written). I owned a pair of those original Samoas at that time. The current models are more "homage" to the original than a reintroduction of the original. The original Samoa had very little interior padding or cushioning in the insole. It was a narrow design with thin rubber sole that hardly showed wear after several years. The leather of the original (said by adidas at the time to be "ox hide") molded to the shape of the foot and this provided excellent support. I wore those shoes for years and finally tossed them out because they were looking bad, not because they were worn out. That was then and the current shoe is now.

The current Samoa has a much thicker, softer sole with a huge rubber bumper at the toe that looks totally out of place. Inside, there is more padding surrounding the foot and in the insole and there is an arch support that was lacking in the flat-soled original model. This makes for a thicker and bulkier shoe, like more like modern running shoes. While this soft cushioning adds to the perceived comfort, it's a totally different design philosophy from the 1970s Samoa. The material of the new shoe is a mystery. I think it's leather but it's difficult to determine these days and there is zero information on content on the tag inside the shoe. Reviews of the current Samoa indicate the new shoes still have a reputation for long use with little wear to the material. My Samoas from the 1970s had red stripes and so do my 21st Century Samoas. I like the new Samoa but I really, really liked the older Samoa. Today, I think the Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 come closest to the original Samoa design but the leather in the Tigers is thinner.

As is the case with almost all athletic shoes these days, I have to buy a size larger than my true shoe size. I have fairly wide feet but most athletic shoes only come in medium widths so I need to go up in size to have more toe box room. The Samoas fit as expected--they run a little small and narrow so a size up fit me well. They're a bit snug but they don't seem to be rubbing or pinching anywhere. I'm happy with the fit.

I've only had the shoes for one full day as of this writing. They look nice and feel good. They're nothing like my original red striped Samoas from nearly 40 years ago but they're good shoes.