Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: adidas Originals Men's Superstar II Basketball Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 14, 2014
Wish they just kept making the Original, fit better, sole better. The sole on the SS II does not have the roll off on the heal, and makes it harder to walk. Just don't feel as good. Adidas, if it aint broke, why fix it?
on January 10, 2014
I used to wear the high top version of these many moons ago. My son has latched onto these as his go-to shoe for everything except deep snow. His last pair lasted over a year (he still skateboards in them). This pair is more formal and looks great with his various shirt and tie ensembles for school.
on February 20, 2016
I've had these for about 2 years now...and I've honestly not been the nicest to this pair of Adidas...

In terms of longevity..Vans are better. Insulation for possible winter wear? Terrible. Summer shoe? It works out well enough. To be completely honest, I won't buy this model again, even though I had always wanted to try them.
on July 18, 2006
i had purchased these kicks three years ago for work purpose. three years later i still wear them everyday. my job is fairly labor intensive, so they have really taken a beating. while they are still in decent shape and by far my most confortable shoe, i am ordering another pair or two from amazon. cant wait to get my new pair to start breaking them in!
on November 6, 2013
Outstanding shoes,I never I would get this color with the old school look.They fit great and a bunch of friends asked me where to get them and I pointed them in your direction.

Rich
on August 11, 2012
I love Adidas Superstars, and buy a pair every few years. This year it seems as though they have employed some serious cost cutting measures. These are not the same quality shoes I have been getting year after year. The leather does not even seem real, plasticy, lightweight, the rubber in the soles in now firmer with very little squish. Overall disappointed in these shoes. Will only buy in person from now on to avoid issues such as this.
on June 27, 2014
Just a timeless classic.. It goes with everything from basketball shorts to a blazer and jeans.

I think I have had two pairs over the last 8 years lol.. They just get more comfy with age and seem to last a lifetime.

Though.. They are easy to slip on and off I would suggested to wear them WITH socks.. As no socks tend to lead these to have a serious stink in them. Moreso than most of my shoes I find for some reason. I dunno why these tend to retain smell more without socks but they do.
VINE VOICEon December 18, 2007
i don't really know why they are awesome shoes. they just are. actually, i think it's the classic design. i don't know about you, but to me a lot of today's shoes looks like someone had seizure at the stitch shop--too many lines, too many colors, too busy! it gives me a headache just looking at them. someone stop the madness!

in contrast, the adidas superstar is the epitome of a clean, classic shoe: a white shoe with three blue/black lines. that's it. and kids, that's ALL you need. the fact that they are durable, have excellent arch support, and will increase your cred exponentially only adds to the allure.

if i had 50 clams to spend on a pair of shoes, i'd gladly get another pair of superstars, 'cos that's just what they are.
on November 1, 2013
The Adidas Superstar 2 is an excellent shoe. Like Converse Chuck Taylor's, these shoes have a timeless quality to them and go with a range of casual outfits, but I find that Superstar 2's are much more comfortable for everyday use, with thicker materials and a sturdier sole for more cushioning. Once you break them in, they're also easy to slip on and off your feet without having to lace them.

I bought my first pair of Superstar 2's around 2006, and have replaced them about once a year ever since. They're easy to find and come in a range of colors, so it's easy to change it up when you need a new pair. And since these shoes never go out of style, you can stock up on a few pairs when they go on sale.
on May 3, 2008
Very comfortable shoe with soft leather uppers. Awesome old-school styling that looks good with jeans or khakis or whatever. The only issue I had is that they seem to run about 1/2 to one full size too small, and they're cut narrower than the typical running/hiking shoes I'm used to. After awhile, these start to feel sorta tight on my feet, and my feet are not wide either. IMO, just order at least 1/2 to one full size bigger than your foot size and they should be ok.

See 1 answered question