4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet shoes
I've had a ton of Samba's and I love them, but this is the first pair that squeaks. The tongue rubs against the side and squeaks and it annoys the crap out of me
Published 17 months ago by Salty Dave

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Squeaky Shoes
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:31 Mins
I love the style of these shoes, and I've owned them before. But they've changed the material, and now they squeak really loudly. You might not think it's a big deal, but this video shows just how squeaky they are. The Sambas in this video were purchased in March 2013, and were worn for over 20 miles of walking before filming this video...
Published 20 months ago by Jeff Hester

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Squeaky Shoes, April 12, 2013
Jeff Hester (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: adidas Originals Men's Samba Fashion Sneaker (Apparel)
Length:: 0:31 Mins

I've read tips from other reviewers who were able to reduce the squeaking using lotion or vaseline on the tongue (the primary target). I'll try this, but should that really be necessary? I was hoping the squeaking would go away after a break-in period, but no such luck.

3.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky tongue, October 30, 2013
The shoe looks good, but the shoe will be squeaky. Order some sandpaper at the same time, so you can wear in the tongue to get rid of the squeak.

Also, this shoe is really hard to find in this color in (non-online) stores, so I'm glad I could buy it here.

2.0 out of 5 stars WONT SHUT UP!!, June 17, 2013
these shoes squeak like there's no tomorrow! the tongue and the inside of the shoe rub with each step and make the most obnoxious noise. i love sambas for doing legs day training because of the solid base but I can't wear these around they make way too much noise!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet shoes, July 18, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The only athletic shoe my 27 year old Son will wear, November 5, 2010
My Son has worn Samba's since High School. Buying any other shoe for him is a waste of money. He loves this shoe and says there is nothing more comfortable out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not great, December 11, 2013
The shoes look great. They fit ok and for mostly comfortable. The shoe has a major flaw. Major. I hate the material that the tongue of the shoe is constructed with. It reminds me of styrofoam. It is white, it is thin, and it makes a lot of noise.

3.0 out of 5 stars I did not like these, January 12, 2014
These were WAY too small. low cut and uncomfortable. Being made of leather made them almost unable to bend or have any room for movement and they hurt my feet to walk in. They were promptly returned.

4.0 out of 5 stars be aware of difference wrt Samba Classic, otherwise good shoes, November 28, 2013
they're squeaky as others have said, but you don't really notice it outside. Hopefully they'll stop squeaking before long. I haven't tried the sandpaper or the grease remedy. The tongue seems cheap and occasionally folds over inside when inserting foot. Insoles are nice and flat in contrast the Samba Classic

2.0 out of 5 stars Squeaks when u walk, March 3, 2014
Alonzoeod (Moreno Valley, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I didn't like the materials used to make the shoe. The faux leather tongue made constant noise. Squish, squeak squirk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, June 3, 2013
Bought for husband. He walks 12 miles a day for work and loves these shoes. They last for months. The tongue does squeak, but weekly we put lotion on it and it makes it silent. Super comfortable and light, with great support

adidas Originals Men's Samba Fashion Sneaker