Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 12, 2013
I love the style of these shoes, and I've owned them before. But they've changed the material, and now they squeak really loudly. You might not think it's a big deal, but this video shows just how squeaky they are. The Sambas in this video were purchased in March 2013, and were worn for over 20 miles of walking before filming this video.

I've read tips from other reviewers who were able to reduce the squeaking using lotion or vaseline on the tongue (the primary target). I'll try this, but should that really be necessary? I was hoping the squeaking would go away after a break-in period, but no such luck.
1616 comments|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
these shoes squeak like there's no tomorrow! the tongue and the inside of the shoe rub with each step and make the most obnoxious noise. i love sambas for doing legs day training because of the solid base but I can't wear these around they make way too much noise!!
on October 11, 2015
Toe on the shoes ripped within 30 days. I didn't even play any sports or any other activity other than daily walking. Seems like a knockoff product to me, as I wouldn't expect a genuine Adidas product to fall apart within 30 days. I contacted Amazon to see if I could get a replacement or something and they were of no assistance at all!
review image
on November 12, 2014
Apparently there are two types of Sambas. I've always liked the look of the Samba, but when I've tried them on in the past I was always disappointed with the comfort. The "classic" Samba is a little narrower and has more aggressive arch support along with the longer tongue. The "original" Samba is a bit wider, flat footed and has a short tongue. Other than that, there are only minor esoteric differences. One minor problem I have is there is no "shoe lace loop" on the tongue. So, the tongue has a tendency to slide down to the right or left while walking. Tightening the laces usually fixes this.

I'd tried on the "classic" in the past, as it is usually what you will find in sporting-goods stores. I don't like them. I have high arches but prefer the feel of a flat footed shoe (think Chucks or cheap sandals). These feel similar, but have more tension in the heel. The added tension provides some comfort to your heel and, most importantly, keeps these shoes snug on the foot. Really, it takes a good amount of effort to get these off--they're not going anywhere.

Now...many people complain about the squeakiness of the shoes. They do squeak. It's like a rubber-on-leather sound that is mildly annoying and unpleasant. However, there are very simple fixes...shoe polish, sandpaper, tape... All I did was put some scotch tape on the tongue and my shoes are nice and quiet. Many people seem to be overreacting to this point...it's an easy fix and not worth totally ditching a perfectly good shoe.

These are my new go-to shoe for casual days. They look great and are very comfortable. I've had several people comment on them already. My only gripe is that I should have ordered a half-size larger. I wear around a 12 and that's what I ordered. These seem to run slightly small, or are meant to the tight, my toes often touch the front of the shoe. By the time I'd realized this, I'd worn the shoes for a few days and was unable to return them. But, I've grown accustomed to the snug fit and quite like them. Once the leather breaks, these shoes are very easy to wear all day. Once mine wear out (most likely in a few years or so) I will definitely buy another pair. Great shoes.
on July 18, 2013
I've had a ton of Samba's and I love them, but this is the first pair that squeaks. The tongue rubs against the side and squeaks and it annoys the crap out of me
on June 29, 2011
I bought the Adidas Samba, classic over a year ago, which I loved. I had to replace it do to wear and tear. So I went searching to get another one. I thought I did, but they changed it a little. I should have known when in the reviews people were complaining about the sneakers making a squeaking sound. I didn't pay attention to it, wish I had. For over two weeks now, all I hear is the squeaking. The shortened the tongue, and instead of leather, they use a plastic material on the tongue, hence the squeaking. If wasn't for that I would give it 5 stars.
on January 10, 2011
The Adidas Sambas are shoes I have worn off and on for more than 20 years, and every time I see something else I want to try I always end up with Sambas as they never fail to get the job done and stay inexpensive compared to it's contemporaries. The Originals have a much more appealing feel than the Classics to me because the tongue does not interfere nearly as much with low cut socks. The inner lining appears to be of slightly higher quality than the old fabric lining of the Classics and make the slip-on/slip-off practice much smoother after you break them in. The superior grip on concrete/asphalt/artificial turf never ceases to amaze me, and as a boating shoe it can't be beat.

Other reviewers have complained of lack of support and squeaking. The squeaking is more apparent with the Originals versus the Classics due to the different materials, but this is easily repairable by lightly scuffing the material around the shoelace holes inside the shoe where it rubs the tongue. As far as support is concerned this is not a hiking boot or running shoe, it is meant to be a light trainer with only protection from rough surfaces provided to the wearer. If you need a trainer or something with greater support I advise to purchase something different.

For all others that just need a little protection from gravel, glass, rocks, or hot concrete from children to senior citizens I highly advise to purchase this stylish, high quality, and inexpensive shoe. Consider the fact I've just purchased my 9th pair, let history speak for itself.
55 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2013
The shoe looks good, but the shoe will be squeaky. Order some sandpaper at the same time, so you can wear in the tongue to get rid of the squeak.

Also, this shoe is really hard to find in this color in (non-online) stores, so I'm glad I could buy it here.
on May 6, 2015
Sambas are the best - plain and simple. They look old school when I wear them for indoor soccer. They look good with ankle socks and a pair of shorts in the summer. I'm a 45 year old dad and I refuse to give up to total middle age and wear light colored jeans with the big white Reebok cross trainers - these sambas look great with a pair of cool jeans for a casual look. They actually are cool enough that my 14 year old son asked for the same exact pair.
on March 2, 2016
What happened Adidas? I've worn Sambas for as long as I can remember. My last pair lasted over 3 years pounding the tough NYC streets. This pair I bought on July 22 of last year, already (as another reviewer pointed out) has a huge hole in the toe! Homeless people are trying to give me money because I look like a ragamuffin. I am really sad because this shoe is part of my well crafted rock-n-roll persona. Now I am saddled with the sisyphean task of finding another shoe that lasts longer with equal style. I can't type anymore because tears have filled my keyboard....bwWhDjsaoll%8(8&+@m...