5.0 out of 5 stars Tight at first but good shoe
Published 9 months ago by David Torres

1.0 out of 5 stars Laces make it impossible to put on foot...
These shoes have elastic, fixed laces. If your baby has a wide foot, these are not a good fit. I found it impossible to put on my toddlers foot. I sent them back and ordered Samba's with normal, tie laces.
Published on September 23, 2011 by KLGott

1.0 out of 5 stars Laces make it impossible to put on foot..., September 23, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars DIfferent from the picture, May 3, 2014
Yes, no strings. There are elastic straps. I bit harder than expected to put them on, but otherwise the product is good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good shoe for a toddler, April 16, 2014
The laces can't be untied, which makes it impossible to get your toddler's foot into the shoe. Cute looking shoe but completely impractical. We returned ours.

3.0 out of 5 stars good in theory, April 1, 2014
mbb0805 (Richmond Va) - See all my reviews
Could be a great shoe. It is a slip on, so with little wiggle feet that is a plus. Unfortunately it is difficult to get on and runs a bit small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight at first but good shoe, February 27, 2014
My son is 2 1/2 and wears a size 7 shoe. We previously had the other Samba with the thicker sole and like these better. The smaller Samba with the laces and thicker sole were a bit of a pain. The laces would untie in the middle of his soccer classes and we would have to pull him out to retie them. Also he wasn't able to grasp the ball as well with those shoes either. These shoes are thinner sole and more flexible. I like the fact that they don't have laces. However I will say that the first or second time that you put these shoes on they will be a bit tight. What my husband did (a seasoned soccer shoe "breaker-inner") was stuff them with newspaper from the first day we received them and it loosened them up a bit. They were still tight but not as problematic to get in. After the second time of him wearing them (he wears these shoes once a week and an hour) it was easier to get them on. I recommend these shoes to anyone looking for good soccer shoes for their little Zidane in training :)

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing, December 26, 2013
These shoes ran way smaller than expected. We did not have a large window of time to return these. My son never ended up wearing them. We ended up giving them away because we were unable to sell them on craigslist for half of what we bought them for. They were overpriced in the first place.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, July 11, 2013
the elastic laces make no sense, and they will hurt any child - even mine who has a foot and shoe fetish (trust me, he really hung in there as his mama tried and tried and tried to get them on).

Try to find shoes with laces, these will give you a headache. Also, I wanted black laces, as photod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, November 14, 2012
I bought this pair of shoes without really understanding how babies/kids shoe sizes work. They aren't the right size that I was looking for, but that's because I have NO idea how to purchase shoes for kids. They will work for an older child, but not a baby/infant/toddler. The shoes are just as well made and awesome as they were way back when I wore them though, so no complaint about the shoes, just in my ability to understand kids' sizes :)

4.0 out of 5 stars classic look for my handsome little guy..., November 6, 2012
i always loved sambas and when i saw this, i had to get it. it has a classic look i wanted for my handsome little guy. this is his first shoe at 12 months...

fit: the sambas does not run thin like the adult version. they are wide enough, but then again although my child's feet look wide, they fall in the mid width sizing.

placing the shoe was a challenge at first. this is true with all shoes for infants. with a little practice we can slip it right on in a snap. what we do is pull the tongue forward way into the laces and use a shoe horn to gently slide the heal into place. no fuss.

function: my child walks great bare feet, but he stumbles a bit on the weight of the shoe. this is not necessarily the shoes fault as he needs to re-learn walking with something attached to his feet. the good thing is that he doesn't actively try to remove it, so i assume they are comfortable enough. the soles are not as flexible for a first shoe. his frankenstein sway is accentuated with it on :). great for looks, which is what we were looking for, but would probably be better for a more active walker. if he doesn't outgrow it, i'm sure he will gain the confidence to make it worth having for a first shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome kid shoes however..., August 7, 2012
I ordered these shoes for my youngest nephew. The second he saw me wearing sambas he wanted a pair himself. The shoe is great, however, they came with WHITE laces (which is not shown in the picture). They are elastic and do not actually tie. Wish they had black laces or else this would be a 5 star review.