Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 20, 2014
I have, over the years, migrated from one tennis shoe brand to another because of one particular trait--the width and traction a shoe provides through the ball of the foot (along with the fit of the arch). For the past 15 years Adidas has been my shoe of choice and this Outdoor AX2 Hiking Shoe has NOT let me down.

It is light, durable and well supported. As a hiking shoe it has reinforced support around the base of the shoe (where sole meets fabric) that makes one feel as though one can move confidently through the terrain but is light and flexible so that one doesn't feel as if his or her foot is encased in lead.

It works for me! If you are looking for a shoe that is both light and flexible but durable and supportive I don't know if I can recommend a better shoe.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2014
Nice shoe, fits true to size with good room in the toe box. Have worn New Balance for years but the fit and quality of this shoe changed my mind. Firm support and good traction for trail walking.
11 comment17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2015
I must say that I don't normally write reviews, but these shoes exceeded all my expectations. I am used to my Northface hiking shoes that I have used on multiple hikes + 3 fourteeners (hikes that go up to 14,000 elevation) for a year and a half, and with those shoes I would have weeks of blisters that tore through multiple layers of skin for weeks after each hike. So I was skeptical when I went to hike 4 fourteeners the following day after the arrival of these Adidas shoes. I have never had luck with hiking shoes, and I have FINALLY found the perfect pair. These shoes are light weight, and move with your foot as it bends, but still gives the support needed for a strenuous hike. The hike was the longest hike I have ever done, and I came home with NO blisters! The grip of the bottom of the shoe was spectacular when going down steep mountains with loose rock and dirt.

I read reviews that said the shoes run a little big, and my shoe size is between 6-6.5 so I went with a 6 and they fit perfectly! I'm going on a backpacking trip next week and I have no worries that these shoes will work great for that as well. I am so excited about these + they are so cute!

I was surprised when this cheap of a hiking shoe worked out so well for me, so I hope this review helps/and the shoe is as great for you as it is for me!
on October 11, 2015
I wear a true 5 but usually purchase a size 6 in sneakers. With this shoe, I purchased a 5 and it was a perfect fit. Hiked a few thousand feet and these were perfect. Good stability.
review image review image
on August 26, 2014
These are good after wearing a few times and breaking them in. There is alot of support. They are very comfortable. I did have to exchange for a half size smaller than my normal size
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
Runs big..got 7.5...felt like an 8.....but I kept them.
on April 23, 2014
I am a HS soccer coach and I wanted and needed footwear for a heel spur (always have pain in my heel). I love these hikers and thought they would also be good to wear out on the field. They work out well.
on July 10, 2015
i am just trying on these now. on the picture, it has white heels/sole. but this one i got has a gray color.
1) noticed that adidas has this flimsy shoe laces on all their shoes
2) normally i am an 8 1/2 but the size 8 i ordered is still a tad longer on the toes. my old hiking shoes are Columbia and a size 9 is already a bit snug on my feet.
so i do not know if i'll keep these. they look nice, though bulky. sorry to compare, but my Columbia shoes are pretty wide but they do not feel bulky.
i think i feel that way because my shin is small but my calf is slightly big because of hiking.
review image review image
on April 3, 2014
I am so excited to get these into the woods. Ran down my road when I first got them and they're so comfortable and well fitting. Worth the cost for sure!
on January 6, 2015
I loved this shoe. I had to return it for a 1/2 size smaller. I have been wearing this shoe for a couple of months and I love the fit.