Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
asked by Amazon Customer on December 8, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Nope there's no point in paying 60 bucks on a 7.1 soundcard in tandem, unless you also want to have a surround speaker setup.

You are correct John, all audio is processed by the G930's soundcard including the simulated 7.1. While using the headset all other audio hardware in your system will be ignored.
BillyWallace answered on January 29, 2012
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I hope a more informed person will post to enlighten us, but I believe this bypasses your sound card/built in audio codec. I think that is the same for any USB headset.

You would need to plug a headset directly via mini jacks in the sound card to use that. I guess where I am lacking clarity is that I believe there is no special speaker hardware for headsets to do "positional" surround. I think it is all simulated- either in the chip in the USB dongle or in your PCI sound card.
John Kane answered on January 23, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon Customer answered on February 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product