Customer Discussions > LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (8547) forum

age-appropriate for no younger than 12

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 10, 2011 11:30:48 AM PDT
Ace7 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 8:33:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2011 8:36:53 AM PST
Kimberly Fry says:
I took my 8-year old son to one of the few shopping malls that has a Lego store with robotics classes. He absolutely loved it, and I did a "drop & shop", and when I came back, the instructor asked me if I ever had his IQ tested, he just "got it" that well. It totally depends on the child and how "into" programming they are. My son could have spent the whole day there if I'd let him! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 6:19:42 PM PDT
Yeah, I dont agree. My ten year old just attended a Mindstorms summer camp, and I sat in for a little bit. All of the kids had a great time, and they were amazing! Some of the "inventions" the kids were coming up with were ingenious and indicated a true understanding of the software, hardware and concepts. I bet the person who wrote this post doesn't really like kids or understand them. Sure, the younger ones love the battlebot type construction...but so what? They are still learning the software and engineering. The adults loved the battlebot style too!

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 5:09:11 PM PDT
Where do you find a Mindstorms summer camp?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Aug 10, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2012

Search Customer Discussions