Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2010 8:19:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2010 8:43:24 PM PDT
And, you thought AVP was bad...

I am somewhat surprised that no one has negatively commented on this ridiculous, cheaply made, chintzy, plastic egg...

...that poorly lights up!

Sorry. Didn't want to forget that.

How much does $150.00 get you? Well, let me put it this way...you know those poorly made figurines that you spend an extra $20.00 on when you buy a "Limited Edition" video game? The ones that everyone always comments on how crappy they are, and why, oh why, didn't you save the money and just get the regular version (and, don't forgot the $10.00 to $20.00 credit voucher from our good friends at Amazon)?

Well, I'm not going to even compare it to the figure...more like the flimsy plastic that the figurines come encased in.

Holy flurkin' schnit!

First up, it's light as air. You think it would have some weight to it. Nope. Not really.

Second, the plastic is so thin, that on the Alien egg itself, you can actually see the seams that surround the egg. It reminds me of those new Arrowhead water bottles that are trying to be more "eco-friendly". It's thicker than that, but it gives you the illusion that you can stick your thumb right through it and dent it.

Third, the WHOLE thing is made from Grade Z plastic. This includes the plastic Alien that circles the egg (reminds me of something they would hand out at a county fair, that you fly around in your hand and try to scare your sister with), the poorly detailed egg itself, and the base.

Once you push down on the plastic latch (oh yeah...that's plastic too, and poorly connected), you then have to reach in and tug at the box to get your discs out. That is not my issue.

What IS my issue, is once you release the plastic latch to pull out the box of discs, the back compartment doesn't fall all the way open. There is no hinge. Well, technically, I should of known better. I mean a hinge WOULD probably require something "metal", and that is certainly not a part of this Alien PlasticKlip.

No, what the back compartment door DOES do, is open to be flush with the box, with the latch sticking up at a 90 degree angle. I wonder how many engineers it took to pull that one off. So, this means that whenever you pull your box of Blu-Ray discs out (or put them back)...the underside of the box will slide/scratch across the plastic latch standing up.

Now, onto the oversized CD case of Blu-ray discs. It opens up three times and has all the discs snuggled into it's individual sleeves. Nothing really holding them in...they just rest in their sleeves. It seems to hold them fine without scratching them, so I'm okay with that...BUT!

What I'm NOT okay with is what the OTHER (brilliant, Mensa bound, geniuses) people receive when they purchase the $90.00 regular version here on Amazon.

What do they get?

Jesus, my good people, they get a gorgeous hardbound case that has a reflective sheen to it, and what pulls out to be a "book" that houses all the movies. And, I mean "book"...NOT some damn, foldout!

Each "page" of the Alien book has full color graphics, with a picture of the movie on the left, and the corresponding Blu-Ray disc on the right. Then when you turn the page, it gives you an attractive, two-panel, glossy photo of one of the Alien movies, before you turn the page again that reveals the next Alien movie.

IT IS AWESOME!!

Oh, wait...wait...wait.

That's right. I'm sorry. I'm complaining, huh? I keep forgetting that MY version also comes with a dying night light. I mean something has to barely illuminate the craptacular egg, and remind you of your idiotic purchase? Right?

And, don't forget that "Oooo! Mine is 367 out of 5000!" line you can hand out at parties. Actually...do it. Do just that, so your friends will want to see it. Show it to them in a darkened room, and have them ask -

"What the hell is that? Did it come free with the purchase of the movies?"

"Ummm...uh...no. I paid over $150.00 for it at Fox Connect."

(pause)

(pause)

(snicker)

"Predator talked you into this...didn't he?"

It's true...in space, no one can hear you scream. But, I'll hear EVERYONE of you poor bastards when your Egg of Shame arrives.

BUY THE REGULAR AMAZON VERSION!!!

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 8:44:15 PM PDT
Robert Stuff says:
well i have to disagree , i got mine in the mail today and im quite pleased with it , i thought the egg was pretty good quality and i like how the disc are in the box set under the egg. Also the disc seem to hold pretty good in the sleeves and not get scratched. So bottom line i guess you were expecting some amazing jaw dropping set or something , but for 150.00 i feel quite good about my purchase , and give it a month or two, i bet these egg sets are going to be extremely hard to find.

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 9:25:00 PM PDT
From your mouth to the Ebay Gods' ears...

Hey, Robert. Glad you are happy with your Alien Nerf ball (and, I don't mean that meanly).

And, no. I was not expecting "some amazing jaw dropping set" for $150.00. However, what I was expecting was a "cool factor".

What I got, was a friend of mine putting his hand on my shoulder, looking at his version ordered from Amazon, and then looking over at mine, and saying -

"I'm sorry, Dude."

I then looked up at him with pleading eyes, and asked -

"You want to trade?"

He sadly looked back down and me and said -

"No."

He then glanced back at my Egg of Doom and had to walk away...laughing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2010 5:23:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2010 5:39:18 PM PDT
... says:
"Egg of Doom"...hahaha...priceless. Let the lesson (to us all) be to *never* pre-order *anything* sight unseen... :) If it helps at all, I paid a $5.00 premium (over Amazon's current price) for the regular set at my local big box...? Actually, it might make you feel better to know that the paper inserts tear away when you remove the discs from the case...won't look too nice over time.

Worst-case scenario: toss it onto E-bay and make the $90 back (and then some) to buy the other set (assuming it's in exactly the same crappy condition it was in when you received it).

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 9:41:20 PM PDT
I couldn't disagree more. I got mine yesterday and love it. The "cool" factor IMO is there. I don't know what you were expecting but IMO I got my moneys worth. It is a very cool collectible IMO.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 10:43:59 PM PST
mao_soup says:
Christopher,

I blame you for the urine running down my leg from convulsions of laughter and attendent seizures after reading your post.

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 2:21:35 AM PDT
AK says:
Couldn't stop laughing at Trout's story. Hilarious...absolutely hilarious! Is the egg from amazon better quality?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 2:51:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 2:56:24 PM PST
PoeticPen says:
This is so funny I was crying...I thought it couldn't get any funnier...then it did. HAHAHAHAH! Egg of Shame....dying night light...more like I'm dying of laughter.

This is Gold man...pure gold!!! Publish this please. Or do professional reviews.

Paying that much for what you got is A: really sad B: really funny.

Best part: The regular box set is now $21 on marketplace brand new. Bet you feel like you want to have an alien face sucker stuck to your head...the unknown purchasing victimized comedian that you are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 11:31:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 11:34:03 AM PST
Thanks. Thank ALOT there, PoeticPen. Here I thought you were my friend. LOL.

Yeeeah...every damn time I see a price drop, it's like someone grabs the back of my head and slams it down onto the credenza. I'm working on my fourth concussion.

I love the guy above who was down with the "IMOs". IMO! IMO!! IMOOOOO!!

Well, in my IMO...you've been screwed. But, to each their own. I think I was surprised because it was done by Sideshow Collectables. I've always heard great things about them. NOW, however, when people say "great things about them"...I hold up my Hardboiled Egg.

Yeah, tell me how much you like your free gift certificate NOW, Buddy! LOL.

Thanks again for commenting and NOT being a hater. I love these people who sound like I offended them. Just trying to help, but if you enjoy your Egg Suppository...more power to you.

I actually did one movie review on Amazon. Check it out and let me know what you think. It was for the film "The Hills Run Red" (a horror film). I gave it three stars and the title of the review is "The Hill Run...In A Positive Direction".

And, for the love of God, PLEASE tell me you purchased the set for $21.00. Otherwise, if for some ungodly reason you wound up with the egg...I can send tissues.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about