With all the cats excretions rolling around Does the cat get dirty with its waste rolling all around the walls of this litter box? Seems like itd be rubbing against his own wast. I'd probably think twice before petting him, and letting him sleep with me knowing his fur is brushing up against this box.
asked by Sabrina Renee on April 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
votes
If you get good CLUMPING litter that does it's job, the excrement does not "smear" around the litter box as all. I have not noticed any waste on my cat's fur and he's pretty large. I think the cats make a point to avoid touching the walls anyway. I also roll the box fully until it's completely upside down and bang the bottom.. but there is no waste stuck on the walls at all. Hope this helps!
j.h. answered on April 14, 2012

A
votes
Wow.....the answer is NO. This box is super clean. LOL
John B. Hartleb answered on August 12, 2012

A
votes
I was wondering the same thing, seems like the litter would be on the walls. My cat is huge and I mean close to 15lbs huge (not over weight just a large breed cat)
valeriehooker answered on February 2, 2013

A
votes
My cat is perfectly clean. I use Precious Cat litter and haven't had any problems.
Patricia answered on December 6, 2013

A
votes
As any Veterinarian will tell you, you should have 1 litter box PER cat in your house for this same reason. Using a good clump litter and using a pet safe spray called "Kids N Pets" will keep the smell at bay. I have 2 cats that track litter and are messy or do not cover feces. Buy one per cat it is still more efficient this litter box is not expensive at all!
Stephen S. answered on March 5, 2014

A
votes
This is a HUGE concern for anyone with 2 or more cats! If you do have multiple cats plan on taking it apart and scrubbing it at least once a week, otherwise the poop and urine clumps will paint the inside of the box filthy and your cats will absolutely be in contact with it as they come and go.

I only have three cats and found that even after trying to be very careful and efficient when rolling it, the inside was gross in just a day or two and the hassle of taking it apart and cleaning it was WAY MORE of a pain than just scooping!!!
Will Mitchell answered on February 19, 2014

A
votes
Yes! When I used this box my cats smelled horrible.
Barb answered on February 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›