Do all the vampires live in New York?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 19, 2012 8:42:50 PM PDT
Shiloh says:
Okay, so here's something I've been wondering since the second book...I get that the vampire world is centered in Caldwell, since The Brotherhood, The Glymera, and The King and Queen all live there. I guess it's their version of D.C., but what about the rest of the world?? Are all the vampires in Caldwell/New York? And if not, who protects the rest from the lessers?
Maybe Ward explains it somewhere and I just missed it, but this has been bugging me for awhile.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 11:20:47 PM PDT
Penguanne says:
Great question - I doubt if the author has even thought about it. But don't talk about it too much, or else Ward will try to spin off a new crappy series set in every city in America! lol

Posted on May 1, 2012 1:07:02 PM PDT
Mica Jade says:
Not all vampires live in New York. Some, like the Bastards, are still in the Old Country (ie: Europe). They're also spread out in the US. Bella (in Lover Awakened) once went to stay with relatives in the Carolinas and Ward has mentioned others as being 'out West'. My guess is the lessers congregate where they do because it's where the King and the Brothers are (and vice versa.)

Particularly for the lessers, it would not be cost effective for them to be sent out to areas with very small vampire populaces because it costs money to outfit them, provide places for them to live and work out of it, and with smaller numbers the vampires would be more easily able to blend and be harder to find. It would be a wild goose chase with little chance of a payoff for the Forelesser. And we all know that it's not good for the Forelesser if he can't show 'progress' to the Omega.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 8:48:33 AM PDT
Lara says:
Shiloh,
I think the vampire population cannot be that large. Pregnancies are very seldom, the females die often during birthing, the needing is extremely seldom. So far in the 10 books only a couple of females got pregnant. The Chosen have not produced any issues since we started reading the series. No'one had her first needing some 200 years ago.

Posted on May 4, 2012 7:09:23 PM PDT
Mica Jade says:
Needings for vampire females, though, come along every 10 years UNLESS they're in Sanctuary (Scribe Virgin's realm).

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 11:44:55 PM PDT
Lara says:
Aha...
in any case the vampire population is not a threat to human population as far as I can see.
P/S I asked my dental hygienist if any vampires visit her, and she said she has not seen any. But she would love to clean the fangs. Smile.

Posted on May 21, 2012 12:55:08 PM PDT
Amanda N. says:
Vampires didn't start in New York, its just the place they chose. Since America is considered a newer country, and Europe, the 'old country', they began somewhere there. Money and power brought them to New York. Of course, there is the consideration that a few 'rogue' vampires, including women, could exist living among humans as either half breeds or full on vampires unable to find or locate their ancestors. Look at Beth, Wrath's shellan.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 4:24:40 PM PDT
Also look at 'Son' in "The Story of Son" in that anthology. He has built a life with his wife and had kids and doesn't have a clue that there are others like himself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Apr 19, 2012
Latest post:  May 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood)
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood) by J. R. Ward (Hardcover - March 27, 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,071)