3,860 Reviews
 (2,585)

Let me start by saying this product is not for beginners at screen protector application. I work in a Verizon store, so I get plenty of practice, and it was a fairly iffy task even for me.

Published on March 1, 2012 by tom

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to throw it away
The screen protector went on like a dream, no air bubbles at all.
Published 8 months ago by Wendy24

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, Bad reviews are from people who don't apply it correctly, March 1, 2012
This review is from: amFilm Premium HD Clear (Invisible) Screen Protectors for Apple iPad 4/3/2 and iPad with Retina Display (2-Pack) with Lifetime Warranty (NOT for iPad Air/iPad 5) (Personal Computers)

First, for the screen protector itself: It's of great clarity, I can't even notice it on my iPad 2. It's very prone to fingerprints just as the naked screen is, but this is usually to be expected with a crystal clear screen protector so I won't hold it against this one. So yes, the product is a great buy.

Now for the application. There's nothing wrong with this thing (as some other reviewers would have you believe), it's just fairly hard to get it on, especially if you haven't put a lot of them on PHONES, let alone a 10 inch screen.

-Start by laying the screen protector STILL IN WITH THE PROTECTIVE FILM ON IT on top of the screen just to get an idea of its exact fit. It just helps boost your confidence when you actually put it on.

-The number one cause of bubbles is DUST. Any TINY speck of dust, no matter how small, will most likely cause a bubble. So when you're preparing to actually install the protector make sure your iPad screen is SPOTLESS. There shouldn't be the tiniest bit of dirt or dust on it. Some people suggest running the shower for a while to get your bathroom steamy and doing it in there. Might not be a bad idea for this one...

-Start by peeling off the bottom end of the protector. Try to line it up as straight as possible, I usually start at a corner and hold it down with my finger while I line the rest up. Then once the bottom is lined up, slowly work your way upward while using a card to keep most of the bubbles out. This part is kind of difficult because a lot of times the protector isn't as straight as you think it is at the start. Mainly focus on keeping it straight, don't worry so much about getting every single bubble out yet. If you listened and don't have ANY dust or dirt on the screen, bubble removal shouldn't be a problem once the protector is on.

-Now that you have the protector on, you can work on the bubbles. Just take a credit card and lightly slide them slowly to the edge. You don't have to press hard for most of them. I usually take the now useless film that was attached to the actual screen protector and lay it on top of it for those hard to get ones, that way you can avoid scratching it if you have to press down really hard.

-If by chance you happen to get a small speck of dust under it that's causing a bubble, there's a trick to remove it. DO NOT try to remove it with your finger, it's not going to end well. Just simply take a piece of tape and press it against the dust and it should take it off without smudging your screen protector.

And REMEMBER dust and dirt is BAD!! Can't stress that enough. If you don't clean your screen absolutely perfect beforehand and aren't careful to avoid getting dust under it during application, you will have bubbles. If you ARE careful, there's no reason you can't get every single bubble out!

This is a great screen protector, crystal clear, and easy on the fingers. Just follow these steps to apply it and your review will be as happy-go-lucky as mine :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Even I had great success!, May 11, 2012
S. Warner (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I read with some apprehension, the reviews that mentioned challenges in getting the film to apply evenly/without bubbles, etc. But, I also thought the product, if I could just install it, sounded next to invisible and great. I had tried a lower cost film previously and was not pleased with it in either application phase or in look once applied. And, I thought, "OK, there are two overlays, so if I mess up one I'll have a second to try again." Well, I am happy to report that I read the instructions carefully, followed them and even touched a bit of the adhesive during the application, and ended up with a perfect overlay. No bubbles, evenly placed on the ipad -- so clear and fitting that I think it'd be close to impossible to know it was there. The touch is great, device openings lined up perfectly. Couldn't ask for a better overlay for the iPad. If I can apply it successfully, almost anyone can. Give it a try. And, now I have a second overlay for a second iPad or a second application later.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, May 16, 2012
I am very happy with this product. In the first try without any precaution I only got 6 small bubbles, then I used the following tricks as mentioned by other reviewers and got only one tiny barely noticeable bubble.
1. Apply the film in bathroom after hot shower running for 5 minutes.
2. Use two wipes. First time give the ipad a really good scrub. Then rest your ipad on a flat surface for 30 seconds to let the dust settle down, before a second light sweep to remove tiny speckles with a clean wipe.
Good lighting is essential, and the film will fall in place like a charm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality screen protector, December 6, 2012
I did a lot of research before I selected this screen protector for my ipad and ipad mini. The fit is nearly perfect and visibility is very clear. The thickness of the screen protector feels like a nice quality grade. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because its a little bit difficult to figure out which side needs to be pealed off first in order to apply to the screen. I made a mistake on my first one and had tons of bubbles that I could not for the life of me smooth out but then I realized my mistake, I had put the wrong side down first! Once I figured that out and flipped it over application was a breeze. Great product, I would definitely purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars best way to apply any screen protector flawlessly, April 26, 2012
to start:
1) put a light on in the distance
2) put ipad down on clean surface and get down low in front of the ipad
3) remove dust/oils with screen cleaner/windex/whatever and a soft cloth
4) take cloth provided and very carefully and slowly wipe every piece of dust off ( this is where the light and being down low helps.. you can see everything)
5) the closer you get to flawless start moving real slow (I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH). keep folding the cloth to use new surfaces.
6)once every piece of dust is off line up cover on ipad and tape top with a small piece of scotch tape.
7) with it flat on the screen carefully peel back an inch or two of the bottom layer..
8) use a plastic ruler (wide enough to span whole screen)... or credit card... although gets tough because it only covers half.
9) remove air bubble from center.. if some remain on edges, no worries.. you can get those later. the middle ones are hard to remove later.
10) keep peeling back an inch or two at a time while firmly sliding ruler up, taking air bubbles out as you go.
11) when you cant go further (tape stops you) remove the tape and continue.
12) once the whole screen is on, go back and remove all remaining bubbles.. and rub the edges of the screen to make sure it is fully adhered.
13) remove top layer and admire how awesome it will never look again

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly, May 10, 2012
Pearland MOM (Houston, Texas; United States) - See all my reviews
This screen protector is exactly like ones I have put on my phones, except bigger. I put one on my wife's iPad 3, and it only had 3 bubbles which were clearly due to a small piece of dust in each. I then installed mine and have no bubbles at all. It is not perfect over the button, but it is pretty darn close. The two keys for me was a good cleaning and having two people. You cannot push air bubbles out if they are caused by dust. It also helped that my wife slowly pulled the back off as I used a credit card to push bubbles out as we put it on. This was much easier than when I was trying to do it all myself. I was very worried on the second iPad, when I put it on crooked so that the top camera hole did not line up. We peeled the entire thing up and tried it again, and still, no air bubbles. It is all about having a clean surface and taking your time. As for the look, other than seeing the edge of the protector, you cannot tell it is on the iPad. There is no discoloration or weird texture. So far, I am very pleased with this product. I can't comment about the durability of it yet, but it has so far survived my 3 year old.

There was one negative, the quality of the cleaning cloth supplied was not good and sometimes left lent behind. I would use something else. Also, you will need to provide your own credit card. I had a good laugh at the little piece of cardboard they put in there to be your "squeegee."

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product But Difficult To Apply, December 7, 2012
Edit... I tried again on another iPad and the whole pull it tight and try to lower into position thing isn't a good way in my opinion. This time I peeled back a bit of the cover film and folded it back. I then lined up the other end to make sure all was square and aligned and school he'd it a bit to then align the end where the cover film was pulled back and pressed that down. then I pulled back more film and gradually worked my way to the other end pulling the cover film back as I went. Alignment was much much easier and I nearly got a perfect application the first try. I still got two tiny dust pieces under it and was able to peel back and scrape one out. This worked much much better and I've now got a protected screen.

I'm going to try again with the other protectors (I ordered a couple of extra packages) and get this and my Hal's minis perfect but this is very serviceable now. I like these and small fingers tend to leave lots of smears on the screen. These protect that screen.

These are good protectors and the problems with application just go with trying to apply something this big that you have to align ove a camera lens at one end and a button at the other.

So far, I think the folding back of a little of the protective film, align, and then work from one end to the other gets the better results. I think this is something that as you get more practice you get faster and more accurate. unfortunately that practice costs a little money but that's how it goes. I would not use an iPad without a screen protector.

End of edit...

I've applied a number of screen protectors to cell phones and it's easy to get those down and accurately aligned before any dust can get between the protector and the screen. These for the mini are big enough that their own weight causes the middle to sag and touch first and these grab. All you can do is lift it back up and try to reposition it if you don't get it precisely aligned. The Mini is big enough that starting at one edge and working to the other (as recommended) won' work well either. Tried that.

Before I turn you away from screen protectors, and specifically these, let me just say that these are crystal clear and grab the screen well. Touch response is also very good. The problem is just getting them down, properly aligned, and doing it without trapping any dust which causes bubbles you can't get rid of.

I tried two packs and still got dust bubbles. I was trying to do this in a clean area with no air currents, but the missus had been dusting and that just stirs up dust. Trying to align these properly with them being crystal clear also doesn't work well because you just can't see them well enough to align them. Since you are above the assembly, the film appears bigger than the iPad and it is hard to align the edges. As mentioned above, the film sags some in the middle no matter how hard you pull on it and it grabs the screen in the middle.

And applying a screen protector is the best way I've ever seen to find out just how much lint and dust you have in your home as well as seeing how much stuff there is falling off of you when you do think you are in a dust free area.

The best place to apply these would be a clean room. Since most don't have one of those, you need to work fast and get the placement right the first time with no peel back up and repositioning as that pretty much guarantees you will have dust or lint get trapped.

Hopefully I can get a good application on the next try because a screen protector on a touch screen device is pretty much essential.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to throw it away, June 24, 2014
The screen protector went on like a dream, no air bubbles at all.
BUT...... I wanted a screen protector that wouldn't show fingerprints etc, and no glare, this shows all marks and has glare, now my iPad is not typing properly, keeps sticking on the keys and space bar, took the film off and it's typing perfectly, very very disappointed with the product, have now discarded it and have wasted my money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Clear Screen Protector!, November 24, 2012
There were no reviews for this product when I bought it because the iPad mini had just come out, so I based my selection on reviews I read for the amFilm screen protectors for the iPhone and iPad. I am very satisfied with this product and would recommend it over others I have purchased previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing clearness and absolutely no bubles, April 15, 2013
I agree with some other review saying that people who gave bad reviews are those that didnt applied it correctly. If you follow the tips on the video the seller sends on your email, you will do no wrong with these screen protectors. I installed on my ipad 2 and on my sisters new ipad 4, used some stickers to remove the dirty aftera putting it, and the result was amazing, you can barely say that there is a screen protector on the glass. Also it doesnt give a plastic looking to the screen. Definitely recommend this product