1,089 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied
I recently purchased two Nexus 7 tablets; one for myself the other for my wife. I came across these screen protectors due to the high review rating. The fact that there were exactly 2 protectors in the package was obviously an added plus for me.

I applied both screen protectors with no issue. To look at either N7, the only way you can tell there is a protector...
Published on September 12, 2012 by Makengee

2.0 out of 5 stars Requires neurosurgeon-like skills to accurately place!
Even though I've installed screen protectors before on my devices this one I couldn't do properly!

The problem is that the screen protector is cut almost to the edge of the Nexus 7's screen and the Nexus 7 has a very large raised edge that when you're installing this film you have less 1/2 mm of margin of error.

If you misalign it by a tiny bit then...
Published on September 3, 2012 by K. Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, July 28, 2012
Wolfpacker15 (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
Fits perfectly. Was able to put it on in one try with minimal bubbles. Anti-glare texture very slightly affects the screen clarity, but that's to be expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Throwing money away, September 27, 2012
This review is from: amFilm (TM) Premium Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2-Pack) (NOT for the newest Nexus 7) [in AM Retail Packing] (Personal Computers)
So this order came with 2 screen protectors. Both had an imprecise cut that did not at all fit the screen. This wasn't my first screen protector install so the 2 failed attempts certainly are not on me.

Bottom line: they are not cut exactly to fit the Nexus 7 screen. Avoid. This entire purchase was money wasted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shows finger prints and catches on cases., February 15, 2013
Terry J. Keatts (Pomeroy, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
This was the first screen protector I ordered for my Nexus 7. While it did protect the screen it showed finger prints everywhere, regardless of how clean your hands were, so I was constantly cleaning the screen. Additionally, the screen protector wanted to snag on my case and lift up, which allowed debris to get under the protector on the edges as well as bubbles. I finally replaced the protector with a Skinomi Techskin, which was something I should have done months earlier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, January 31, 2013
I struggled to get this screen protector on my tablet and messed the first one up. I bought a package of two so my husband and I each would have one, but I ended up throwing the first one out. It was more of a practice sheet. The second time was a little better, but I had to fiddle with it so much that a speck of dust did get under it so there is a bubble under the sheet that isn't going away and is driving me a little crazy, plus there are bubbles at the edges where the film isn't sticking down correctly. It does allow the stylus and my fingers to slide over it easily, it's not tacky and doesn't cause lines or hand writing to be jerky or difficult, so that's a plus. Some people would probably have an easier time of putting them on their tablet than I do, and it could be that it was more difficult because of the larger screen than on my phone, but it frustrated me to no end.

1.0 out of 5 stars no stick bubble film, January 14, 2013
first day corners started peeling up.
peeled off - tried film #2. Air bubbles
refused to release and again - no real
stick - started curling within 2 days.
both in trash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mission Accomplished, January 11, 2013
Length:: 0:32 Mins

I bought 2 Nexus 7's. One for work and one for my wife. Both will probably get used and abused so I wanted to get screen protectors. I have done these before on Iphones and GPS's and they can be tricky. Just a little out of line or a little bit of dust can spell disaster. I guess that is just something to keep in mind. I saw a review that said it was too tricky to get in place and while I agree that it can be tricky I guess patience is key. I didnt realize when ordering that it came with 2 so I was pleasantly surprised. The screen protector also comes with a little cloth and a plastic card to press out bubbles.

Here are some pointers.
-Before doing anything be sure you are in a dust free environment. You can have your screen perfectly clean but if a little fiber or piece of dust settles on the screen it will show.
-Clean the screen thoroughly removing any obvious dust but also smudges and oil from your fingers.
-Take a practice run to see how it fits. Don't remove the backing until you are confident you know how it fits. Believe me it is a snug fit but when done right you will be pleased.
-Once on rub the bubbles out before taking the final layer of film off.
-When you take the final film layer off do it slowly so you don't pull the screen protector up.

I actually had it slightly out of place when I initially put it on and on the edge it wouldn't stick. I did not pull it up because I knew from past experience that this would mess it up more. Instead I used friction from my finger to work the entire protector away from the edge until it fit perfectly.

Just remember when installing be patient and be sure you have a steady hand.

I included a video, unfortunately I didn't record the installation. If you cant see the protector that's a good thing, It is barely noticeable. The only area you see is the cutout for the camera. I include the video to show there are no air bubbles.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big for the screen...will not seal, January 3, 2013
Too big for the screen...will not seal at the edges. I ended up just throwing it away because I couldn't get it to fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dust, Warping, and Cut doesn't fit, November 23, 2012
This product is fairly packaged and each individual film (2 total) comes with its own cloth, which works great to wipe the device screen down, however, this purpose is completely undone the moment you pull the first overlayer off the underside of the protector.

Static electricity immediately grabbed dust from the air and dust from shipping that had accumulated on the other side of the outer film. This dust stuck to the underside that was to be applied to the screen of the nexus 7. Upon application, this results in hundreds of tiny bubbles that even the best squeegee cannot get rid of (which i might add, they did not include in the kit).

Attempts to clean the underside of the film were not resultant, as the included cloth makes it dirtier, as any cloth with fibers would, and any attempts to clean also bend the plastic of the screen protector, rendering it useless anyway, as after warping it will no longer perfectly adhere to the nexus.

In addition, as other reviewer's have mentioned the cut on this particular film makes it difficult to align as it seems to tilt slightly, not forming perfectly to the inner edge of the nexus 7. This increased the difficulty of applying the film quickly, given the dust issue. This is why I failed to apply either film before they were ruined.

I had attempted to apply from the bottom edge going up. Perhaps this was the wrong method to use, but the product included little to no directions to avoid any of these listed issues.

I cannot understand how others can rate this product so high, when it cannot be installed without defects - either warping or bubbles in the plastic.

1.0 out of 5 stars would give 0 stars if possible, November 14, 2012
If you stick this thing 1mm off target the corners won't stick, so you have to repeat a few times, by the time you get it right, the film is all dirty.

1.0 out of 5 stars TechMatte Screen Cover, October 9, 2012
Bought the tech matte screen cover for my nexus 7 tablet. I typically use Zagg covers for all my devices, and I should have stayed with a Zagg cover.

The price was great for the tech matte, half the price of the Zagg covers. However it was impossible to apply the cover without having dust particles stick to the cover which leaves bubbles.

If you don't mind the bubbles the tech matte is a great cover. If you do, don't buy it.