Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption forum

will amazon refund release date shipping charges

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2010 8:10:06 AM PDT
siroohg says:
will amazon refund release date shipping charges if the game does not arrive on the 18th.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 8:52:13 AM PDT
If you paid for it they will. You must contact them. I have Prime so mine was free and it says it was shipped yesterday but when checking with UPS they never picked up the package. I don't get a refund because it's free - all they get is a mouthful from me on the phone about how this is the 4th time they have screwed up my release date deliveries - you think I would learn. (sigh)

Posted on May 18, 2010 9:09:08 AM PDT
siroohg says:
thx

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:11:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2010 9:14:18 AM PDT
Soup Bowlz says:
Call and email them! When I had prime UPS messed up release date shipping twice and the reps I spoke to gave me back the $5.xx as a "sorry please keep buying from us" lol. Just let them know how pissed you are and that it's not the first time. The reps at Amazon are always pleasent but you might get the 1 that has an attitude like I did once and is why I rarely use Amazon now, the empty box I got once is what pushed me over the edge but whatever....... Sorry about that little rant.....

Yes they will siroohg and you keep trying Kelly if you have another problem! :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:47:55 AM PDT
Cesar L. says:
Fourth time? Man, that's horrible.. Do you live in a remote area? I can't see Amazon not wanting to do something about this, especially if it's the 4th time...

Posted on May 18, 2010 10:03:11 AM PDT
I live in Baltimore. I usually get my 2 day shipping packages the next day but whenever I order a game RELEASE DATE DELIVERY I get it 3-4 days later with nothing but I am sorry - I got one release game two weeks after I ordered it, and I had ordered it the same day Amazon announced it! All I get is apologies but I want something done about it this time. It was for my husband's birthday and since I am out of town tomorrow on the actual day I wanted to play with him tonight to celebrate. I have gotten two different responses from Amazon Customer Service. One says they contacted the warehouse and they will "see" if I can get it same day delivery instead. I am not holding my breath. The other was oblivious to the fact I told them UPS had no record of picking up the package at all (even though I said it in my email) and said that they contacted UPS about it (already did that - that's why I contacted you Amazon) and I should hear a response in 24 hours. 24 hours from now is not RELEASE DATE DELIVERY. Amazon's RDD is such a waste of my time and money. I picked up Alan Wake from GameStop today and a Red Read guide thinking I would be getting the game I should have just picked up Red Dead for the 360 as well and rejected the package when it arrives in who knows when.

Posted on May 18, 2010 11:29:19 AM PDT
Soup Bowlz says:
That's crazy..... I hope they just somehow didn't update the tracking on your package and it's coming to you today. If it happens again today, speak to a manager and explain your situation. Hopefully He/She will refund what shipping would have cost and they can contact someone high up in shipping to look into why you're having this problem. If it didn't even leave Amazon then they should do something to make you happy no matter what and if it was sent but UPS missed the target you should get back the shipping.

If UPS keeps missing your delivery dates though you need to deal with them fast! I've seen some bad workers for shipping company's and if you let them not do their job right it'll only get worst....

Best of luck to you and let us know if you get through.

Posted on May 18, 2010 2:22:58 PM PDT
So is there any way I can get refunded via e-mail as I only have a prepaid cell phone and I don't want to use half of the minutes I have left being put on hold and given the run around for my 6 bucks.

If anyone has the e-mail I need to contact and could post it that would be great.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 3:08:59 PM PDT
Just click on HELP and send an email and then plug in the order number. Tell them the item did not arrive as stated and you would like a refund of the shipping charges.

Posted on May 18, 2010 3:58:25 PM PDT
I live in a really small town in Illinois, and I have never had a problem with Release Day delivery or any of my Prime 2 day shipping orders. I feel sorry for your problems with it.

Posted on May 18, 2010 5:21:08 PM PDT
Hm, I have Prime, and I chose release date shipping on Bioshock 2. It came a day late, and Amazon gave me a $5 credit towards a future purchase. If this truly is the fourth time this has happened to you, you might want to consider calling them and demanding some sort of restitution.

As a tip from some one who works in customer service, the trick is to kill them with kindness. If they're being jerks to you, just be pilot to them and keep your calm. Eventually they're realize they're being stupid and they'll start being more agreeable.

Posted on May 18, 2010 5:44:21 PM PDT
KK33 says:
So I pre-ordered RDR along with 3 of my co-workers. We all had the game shipped to the office. Only one person actually got the game today. We all selected the release date delivery. I am pissed. We tried calling both UPS and Amazon and got the typical "We don't know where it is at, but hey it might still come" line. I'm frustrated because I have Amazon Prime, so I probably won't get anything from Amazon. This was my first time pre-ordering from Amazon. You can bet I'm regretting it now. I could have just picked up the game on the way home from work and I would have been playing for the past several hours. I sent a long message to customer support, but I'm not expecting much back. From now on I'm doing all my pre-orders elsewhere.

Posted on May 18, 2010 7:23:44 PM PDT
The same thing happened to me. I ordered Release day shipping and it was "Shipped to the wrong location (UPS)".. I'm just hoping i get it tomorrow, or ill call and get my money back.

Posted on May 19, 2010 3:22:35 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
yes the will refund. yes by email. i only have limited prepaid cell & no home phone & ive dealt w/ amazon by email every time. u have to go to 'help' in upper right corner. need order number & BE NICE (at least the 1st time, lol). ive gotten every situation resolved to my satisfaction this way.

Posted on May 19, 2010 6:52:48 AM PDT
I called to get a replacement this morning since it never came yesterday and UPS still says that "Billing information was received" meaning the item was never picked up... They told me I couldn't get a refund or replacement until a previous rep I spoke with followed up. I am about to do a credit card chargeback since the item is clearly lost, which was told to me in writing yesterday by this so called rep.

Posted on May 20, 2010 11:34:06 AM PDT
aharris says:
I heard their policy was $10 credit if it doesnt get shipped on release day, several people have claimed this.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 2:39:11 AM PDT
SWS says:
THey have screwed me 4 times on Release date delivery as well. All 4 times its UPS. I live in Dallas, so the area is not the issue. I logged on tonight to check on my release date of Dead Island, and when I checked the UPS site for tracking and say it would not be delivered until Wednesday the 7th, I blew a gasket. I called ups then emailed Amazon stating what the UPS rep had advised me. Amazons response?

"Don't worry, your order has already been shipped by UPS Next Day, and it's scheduled to be delivered on the release day, September 6. You can view the available tracking information from the Order Summary in Your Account at the address below:
UPS may not provide a location scan on all of their shipments, which occasionally limits the available tracking data. Tracking information may not appear until the package has been delivered."

Ummm- hello- did you not read that I called UPS and they confirmed Wednesday delivery?

I am trying to calm down before I call customer service, because when I am this pissed, every other word out of my mouth starts with a F and ends with a ck.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 6:25:38 AM PDT
This is why I stopped ordering anything game related from Amazon. I am more than happy to pay the sales tax and pick it up myself at Gamestop. My faith in Amazon's release day delivery for anything game related was shattered after the 5th time of non release day delivery and once a week after!

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 11:59:16 PM PDT
Steven Gauss says:
This was the fourth time I've had to deal with this in as many weeks. Every time has been worse. It's like they're trying to see just how far they can go before someone sues the crap out of them or goes to the consumer protection people. The first time; cleared up in a few minutes. The second; they only started actually shipping them once the CSR started processing discounts, about $45.00. The next one; the idiot from Bangalore - I know that wretched trill, sent me an email stating she was cancelling my Amazon Prime, took two phone calls to clear that up and another $30.00 promotion. This last time; they just decided Release Date Delivery when Release date is October 15 means October 16. Customer "Service" didn't do one blessed thing to actually fix the problem apart from another promotion, but I got so pissed I cancelled the damn order and will hold my nose and go to Best Buy. Next week, I will take sterner action

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2013 12:00:01 AM PDT
Steven Gauss says:
We need to go to the AG and get a bigger bully.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Red Dead Redemption forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  May 18, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (862)