4.0 out of 5 stars Bought because of "Not Even Close to 150 Hours" Comment
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
This recorder is ok, but you do get what you pay for. On the positive side, it has a great memory capacity and long record time per charge. So far I've only used it to record minutes for meetings, and the 8+ hours of record time per charge is more than enough for any meeting I've ever attended.
However, on the more negative side, you do have to charge the battery...
Published 24 months ago by Kerry Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought because of "Not Even Close to 150 Hours" Comment, November 17, 2012
This review is from: amzdeal® 8GB USB Pen Drive Digital Audio Voice Recorder 150 Hours (Office Product)
I know, the title sounds strange, but that reviewer gave me the information I needed. I bought one of these to use to record class lectures. It's easy to carry, has great long distance recording, is easy to use, and mine has a good battery that lasts about all day. No it doesn't last 150 hours, but I can record a solid day of lectures, from 8am through 5:30pm (with one break for lunch), and I don't come close to maxing the space available on my 8gb flash drive. I had no problem downloading and listening during the evening. I can't use voice record and have it plugged into my laptop, meaning no multifunction of flash drive use and audio recording. No you don't know what it sounds like unless you download and play from your laptop. I don't need to check what I'm recording until I get home or want to review what was said in class, so it's no big deal to have to wait to find out what's been recorded. You charge it by plugging it into your laptop, so when I'm downloading from the day it is charging and I just leave it in until I'm done working on the laptop. It's recharged by then. I don't have much of a need, meaning playback or multifunction capability. I do need ease of use, easy carrying around, and good capability to record lectures the whole day long. I liked it so much I bought two more; both are performing as well as the first one. I can have them in different bags, carry one in my purse, and not worry that I've forgotten and so can't record my lectures... I have a habit of forgetting things like pens, sun glasses, and so on. This was a cheaper way to go about things for my needs. I'd recommend you give it a try, that is, as long as there is a good return policy if you don't like.

Just thought I'd add that of the three 8GB flash drives, two of these indicate roughly 7.4GB and one 7.6GB actual usable memory. I don't think that's too much of a loss, as most people know happens as a norm in memory devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient little USB Voice Recorder, January 7, 2013
This little device is very simple to use and good quality for voice recording. I never even read the instructions. It has only an on/off switch, so nothing else to figure out. Turn it on, it records. Turn it off, it stops recording. Plug it in your USB drive on the computer and a folder pops up with the audio file in it. Click on the file and play back the recording. Drag and drop the file to you hard drive audio files folder to save it. How simple is this? And I was impressed with the quality of the recording considering such a tiny microphone. As to whether it will record 140 hours, I have no idea. If it can record a couple of hours, that would suit my needs. It all depends on the requirements of the user. After I tested it I looked at the user guide and admit the instructions were poorly written, partly because of the poor translation into English. But, they aren't needed anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, October 3, 2012
However, on the more negative side, you do have to charge the battery via a USB port on your computer; and there is no playback function. In order to listen to whatever you've recorded, you do have to use your computer to access and listen to the recorded file.
Also, and I suspect this is due to the small pinhole microphone, unless you place the recorded within about 4 feet of whatever you're recording, the recording quality is not the best. I do have to turn my volume up on playback to be able to hear the voices of the people I've recorded at my meetings.
Overall, this is adequate for my needs. But those who plan to record in larger rooms (say lecture halls or auditoriums) or who need immediate playback ability, this is not the recorded you want.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long [Updated 5/28/13], March 29, 2013
Similar to a few other users, mine stopped working after the first use. When I first got it, I decided to test it to ensure it would work. Recorded fine when switching to record, and then switched it off after speaking for a bit. I was able to plug it into my computer, which detected it fine, and then transfer off the audio file. The quality was also pretty great! The next day, however, I went out of town for a week.

When I got back, I decided to bring it with me when I went out for lunch to test it in a real-world environment. I put it on my keyring, and switched it to record for about a minute while I was walking around in a store after eating, then switched it back off. During this, I noted that the little light designating it recording didn't turn on, but I didn't think much of it. Once I got home and plugged it in, Windows claimed it was an unknown device and couldn't get drivers (it was detected automatically and without issue the first time). Therefore, I couldn't check the drive. I tried pressing the reset button a few times, with no luck. So, the device lasted for one use.

Question whether you want to take the risk of purchasing this - it's quite a nice price, yes, and convenient for USB plug & play, but you may end up wasting money.

ADDENDUM 5/28/13: I should note that I ended up risking another dud and purchased another one (this time from a different seller). The new one has worked flawlessly, and with the same benefits as others have mentioned. Therefore, I upped the rating to 3/5 (if this was the first one, I would have rated it 5/5). It usually takes about 15-20 seconds to start recording once it is switched on, and then just a couple seconds to save the file once switched off (though I'm unsure if it takes longer if you've been recording for a while).
I am unsure where these are manufactured, but I would suggest to consider ease of return when deciding on a seller, even if you have to pay a few extra dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works well, March 10, 2013
I knew it was only going to record for a few hours and because I will be using it for school and note taking that is pefect. I loved the quality of the sound as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars it works, January 29, 2013
taped this under my desk to record a co worker practicing a speech. he was about 4 feet from my desk and came through loud & clear when played on my computer with external speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly... it works, June 2, 2013
I was initially sceptical of the device, as well as the full extent of it's capabilities. I have to say I am very much satisfied with it.
Based on a full charge of a few hours, I was able to test the run time of the internal battery, it ran for approximately 16hrs 12mins at least for me, so for you, give or take an hour at most. I used a free app called Audacity and was able to minimize ambient noise, to make it short, it worked for me, and has far exceeded my expectations for the price.
Most here say it has about 7.4GB - 7.6GB on the flash drive, which is about correct, but a full run of 16hrs only took approximately 2.3 - 2.5GB on .wav format and I back it up ever so often so it wasn't an issue.
Hope this helps you all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not even close to 150 hours!, June 30, 2012
I bought one of these for dictation purposes and youre lucky if you get 80 hours out of it! I have no idea why they are promoting 150 hours of record time!! Also, you only get 60-80 hours of record time if you keep it plugged into a USB!! The battery only gets you 10-15 hours of record time before it needs to be plugged in.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Reviews warned me yet I took a chance, November 6, 2013
I should have paid attention to some of the other reviews I read. The device worked once. It stopped recording after 4 hours when the instructions claim that battery life on a charge was suppose to be 13 hours. All the PC's I tried to connect it to the second time couldn't recognize it. The light stayed on solid. I tried to reset it. The light stayed on solid. A day later, they light was out and it appeared to start working again. Again, it recorded for 10 minutes and stopped. I'm returning this first chance I get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incognito and Effective, July 2, 2013
This is a great product that will definitely allow you to secret record something without someone ever knowing they're being recorded. I tested it out by purposely leaving it out in the open while I'm having a conversation with the person I'm taking to. It was right in front of them but yet they had no clue. The sound quality was superb even at a distance of over 10 feet. This is must have for anyone looking to do a little spy work without blowing a fortune. Great item!