4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny!
After reading several reviews of this product, I opened the package with trepidation. However, my camera did include an 8-Gig micro-SD card, unlike some other buyers' purchases. I plugged it in and let it charge for a couple of hours, until the tiny blue lights on top of the unit glowed steadily, instead of flashing.

To test it, I attached it to the visor in...
Published 22 months ago by Susan Prince

Very cheaply made, the mode and power buttons never worked! When plugged in to my computer, the clarity was way less than fair. Lesson: you get what you pay for!
Published 13 months ago by Mostly practical shopper

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny!, March 3, 2013

To test it, I attached it to the visor in my car, passenger side, and drove about 45 min. When I checked the recording, I was pretty impressed. Granted, the quality of the video isn't great, but for under $20, it's a remarkable little piece of equipment. Small and light enough to attach to a ballcap or hat. I'll have to be careful to be sure the angle's right to capture what I want.

Instructions are marginal, at best. I experimented to figure out how things worked. I'll be learning for a while, I'm sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spy camera for the price., May 20, 2012
You won't find one this tiny for this price with this quality
By Hector L Torres
I've bought 2 cameras of this type for use at work. But this one knocks it out of the park. The case is built like a tank, it's very easy to use. The voice activated function is great. I'm using an 8gb chip in mine, so I can't talk about the quality problems I've heard about when using the 2gig chip that ships. I've used it the past couple days testing it by using the clip mount to clip it under my rear view mirror facing forward and I can tell you there are no police dashboard cameras that can beat the video. The camera focuses perfectly through the windshield and the angle of view is wide enough to capture a perfect scene. Low light is great. I plugged the camera in another computer without installing the drivers and it worked fine. Audio is a weak point and wind noise will wipe the audio. If your going to use this as a cruiser cam not sure how you would get external audio, but it will pick up the video well. I highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars The box looks like it would be a hidden treasure! Keep surfin!, November 27, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, February 5, 2013
This review is from: amzdeal® MINI DV HIDDEN VIDEO CAMERA SPY CAM CAMCORDER
Compared to a similar product that I had a few years ago this unit doesn't have the functions available and the one's it has don't seem to work...cannot download anything to even see if it works becuz computer doesn't recognize it...even with the disc and drivers downloaded! Wouldn't recommend to anyone! Can't contact seller as no information on package or bill of sale available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really conceals well, March 20, 2013
It is a great small package. I don't need all the attachments. It takes practice using it without moving around which makes movies jerky and difficult to watch. View angle could be a little wider and sound quality is not as good as the video. Instructions are in OrientalAmerican and useless. You can get good instructions at (...)grreatideas.com/police/m80.html. Good value for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, December 5, 2013
This review is from: amzdeal® MINI DV HIDDEN VIDEO CAMERA SPY CAM CAMCORDER
Camera never worked. I lefted charging overnight then try next day, but never worked, that was a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly simple HD mini DVR, December 2, 2013
This review is from: amzdeal® MINI DV HIDDEN VIDEO CAMERA SPY CAM CAMCORDER
I bought this two years ago and some of the reviews i read here, i can relate to a little, like horrible instruction manual, but it functions incredibly well.I took Hd videos of everything, it only has to or three b7ttons and once you memorize the functions its very lovable and so light you can attach to rc helicopters too. I LOVE IT ITS REALLY EASYTO USE JUST READ THE CRAPPY INSTRUCTIONS AND DECIFER WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO SAY, you can do it if you are analitical and willing to try. Unless this camera has totally changed the guts inside it, its a sweet gadget that revealed remarkable 720p videos of everything i filmed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very amazing for its Size, September 3, 2012
Watch these videos made with the Mini DV mounted on electric RC airplanes:

Search YouTube 'alan drumheller' and watch my videos

Enjoy!

The Mini DV handles changing light conditions very well.

1.0 out of 5 stars UGH, December 10, 2013
This review is from: amzdeal® MINI DV HIDDEN VIDEO CAMERA SPY CAM CAMCORDER
Horrible. The micro sd card got stuck inside, and the device wouldn't even turn on after it was charged. The instructions were also less than wonderfully helpful. Hard to understand broken English is not the way I want to struggle with a product. I will probably send it back when I can get the SD card out.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's average and $20. If you want more, spend more, December 9, 2013
It's an okay camera. The audio isn't super clear and neither is the camera. I remember when the first digital cameras and video cameras came out-- they worked and we were excited to have the technology, but the resolution was average at best. The camera is cheap, feels cheap, the video resolution is low, but it does work as advertised. It's easy to understand how to use, but you forget once the instructions are gone. Reg light or blue light? Is it on or waiting to turn on? I can't remember. Just push the button and it always works.

We tested it in the house and it's passable for $20. The kids like it. Then we stuck it in this: Estes 2454 Sky Trax Flying Model Rocket Kit -- and the fun began. The video was terrible, the sound was horrific, but we had a ball and were able to get a few stills out of the video to use as a picture.

I wouldn't buy it again, but we were looking for something to stick in a rocket and send up.....