Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
will Roku work with an old analog tv? i've got an old hand-me-down, analog only. the cables and connectors are pretty old, cuz i've got to use an extra converter box to input a dvd player, and would for cable, i think, too.

so..... would i be able to use this on an old analog Toshiba?
i'd love to be able to stream Netflix

i have DSL with a 2Wire modem. currently only use an ethernet cable, but it should go wireless if i want
[UPDATED] asked by Amazon Customer on November 28, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
All Roku models have the same red/white/yellow (right audio/left audio/composite video RCA type connections) your dvd player probably has.

that's the "oldest" interface, HDMI is the "newest." Depending on the model, you might have component inputs as well.
H. M. Pierson answered on November 28, 2010
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've got Dish Network (no cable tv or high speed internet)...is this device still usable given my "hardware" (I do have an HD tv)?
Stephen P. Richer answered on November 29, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There's no doubt about it. Roku will not work without an internet connection. The video comes across the internet. Also, a dialup connection won't work, it's not fast enough. You need an Internet connection with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps
jim answered on December 6, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I understood that TW would not connect my Roku. They told me that right off the bat. Competition. It is very easy to connect, so I have that covered. Directions are on the Roku site. Thanks for the info on the wireless. I assumed that I would have to step up to RR wireless. Thanks again.
Deborah Moulton answered on December 4, 2010
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Response to Mr. Richer: Sorry, I don't think this will work without an internet connection.
Preston Holley answered on December 5, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Naive question here. Can I stream using the old Hulu and my free Pandora connection or do I have to purchase subscriptions in addition to my Exfinity internet and cable?
Elbe answered on December 9, 2011

A
why can't i get sound on my sony wega? the roku works on other tvs!
Lisa answered on December 10, 2011

A
Is the roku wireless?
Taylor E. Lee answered on May 28, 2012

A
Yes, the Roku is wireless. However, you can connect it wired if you want
jim answered on May 28, 2012

A
Ludite here.. Bear with me.
I have a tv and Time Warner cable box on my third floor in the front of my house. I have my laptop/modem/router on the second floor at the back of the house. There's only one and almost 2 wifi bars showing on my phone.
Is that enough to get the Roku? Should I get a repeater to boost the signal or can I plug the Roku into my TV's cable, or yet another twist, split the cable before it goes into the TV and plug the roku in there?
Many thanks...
R. Jjacobson answered on June 2, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product