Not the usual anti-semite/skinhed/pekkerhead vs. Jew and other people dept

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2011 7:49:44 AM PDT
Coconut says:
I had a sort of an epiphany this morning. (sorry to those of you who already had this figured out).

Countries (and the survivors still living in them) aren't really the ones who WHO or LOSE wars (or whatever really happens to them if it's not winning or losing).

The WINNERS are the ones ( many or even most of them ) who are still alive at the end. Presuming they aren't or haven't been bodily or psychologically damaged to the point of, or near to the point of ruination. Or perhaps don't have to live in the countries with the kind of government that makes death perhaps 'almost preferable' to life.

The LOSERS are the ones (in either of two or more groups of the warring 'parties') who have escaped grave injury and permanent, incurable chronic pain, or paralysis........(that is: constant, without any hope of cure or even relief sometimes)

I'd hoped I'd be alive when the days came that wars effectively stopped happening, but my generation will not be the ones to ever know that has happened.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin
Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin by Timothy Snyder (Hardcover - September 1, 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (388)