any difference from 360 version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2009 2:30:13 PM PST
C. Panther says:
Is there gonna be any differences in this version from the 360 one besides the Resident Evil 4 engine aiming system?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 6:53:29 PM PST
It's apparently going to be focused on weaponry. More ammo lying around, less (but still there) random objects. There's also zombie birds and dogs, and the overtime mode at the end of the 360 version is actually part of the story now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2009 3:58:42 PM PST
So is this effectively a dressed-up port or is it a whole new product? I didn't play the X360 version and have been anxious for a decent mature title for the Wii for some time. I am hopeful that this one will fit the bill because I have been incredibly disappointed in the Wii offerings over the last 6 months.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2009 4:46:13 PM PST
I would call it a dressed up port. I've played it on the 360 and besides the fact that movement is kind of clucky, it's a great game. Since you don't own it already I would recommend it (even though I obviously can't count on the new features, etc.).

Posted on Feb 16, 2009 10:19:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2009 10:30:45 AM PST
Mal says:
A few more dramatic changes also. They abandoned the 72-hour game clock in favor of a "mission-based" approach (whatever that means). Capcom reps are saying the game is now more linear, with a better chance of completing it the first time through.

A shame if that's the case, one of the best aspects of Dead Rising on 360 was the fact that you could do anything you want, and it took multiple playthroughs to get strong enough to beat the game properly.

It's a shame, I was really looking forward to playing the full game with the benefit of Wii controls. Instead it looks like this might be a neutered version. I'll hold out hope at least until the reviews come out.

Posted on Feb 20, 2009 4:56:38 AM PST
M. Sanges says:
Did I not just read (either here on Amazon or someplace else) that they completely did away with the picture-taking function in favor of the Resident Evil 4 engine now?? Wouldn't that pretty much handicap the original concept of Dead Rising and, what I thought at least, was its unique appeal? ...Or did I imagine reading that?

Posted on Feb 24, 2009 9:35:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 24, 2009 9:36:16 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 2, 2009 2:39:34 PM PST
Mal says:
Finally had a chance to play this at a friend's, luckily before buying.

It's not a "bad" game, but if you have a 360 that version is far superior. The controls are nice, but that's about where any improvement ends. It is so incredibly clear they rushed this game out. The graphics are horrid by the standards of even the past generation (PS2/X-Box/Gamecube, Wii is more powerful then all of them). Another indication of the rush is the lack of a picture taking ability, which shouldn't have been too hard to implement even with the RE4 engine.

The game is okay, it just has such a feeling like they cut the budget and rushed it out to make a quick buck. No production value at all. Probably worth $20, but not $40.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop - Nintendo Wii
Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop - Nintendo Wii by Capcom (Nintendo Wii)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (53)