Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST50 55-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $1,600.00
Has anybody had any trouble with the component cable adapter to an XBox 360? Component doesn't work, composite does
asked by theville10 on December 21, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Don't forget that if you are using the TV's component adapter you have to go to your TVs inputs and switch it to "Comp" instead of just "video." Just press left on your remote.
D. Johnson answered on December 31, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Make sure your component cable is switched to "HDTV". The switch will be located near the xbox output.
J. Howser answered on December 21, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had the same problem. I hooked up the rca to see the screen with rca selected on the xbox cable and maybe under settings too in a menu. Then back to componet and turn the xbox on and off with componet. Worked ever since. I have an old xbox 360 with no hdmi so not sure if the new ones have the selector on the connection when it goes into the xbox, but basically after switchin back and forth the componet worked and no problems since.
AMAZON_BUYER answered on December 21, 2012

A
It may or may not be helpful to you. I was successful in using the component video with the Wii. See if you can use the component video input to the tv using a different source other than the XBox 360 if you have not tried that already. If another source works, then it's definitely a setting in the Xbox as j.Howser has suggested.
Ramesh Balasubramaniam answered on December 21, 2012

A
Use an HDMI cord and it works perfectly!
Elizabeth L. Marsh answered on December 24, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is a switch on the component cable dongle that slides into the xbox, try sliding it to the other position. That did the trick for me.
Holden T. answered on December 31, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›