Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption forum

Did anyone get the $20 Amazon Gift Card & Golden Guns code get yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 195 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2010 7:34:35 AM PDT
D. Russo says:
Did anyone get the $20 Amazon Gift Card & Golden Guns code get yet? If so, let us know which or both and when you got them, thanks.

Posted on May 18, 2010 7:48:01 AM PDT
I got neither in my box. I am pissed and looking for a way to contact Amazon about this but have yet been able to find a contact us link...

Posted on May 18, 2010 7:57:53 AM PDT
Wildsubnet says:
I believe they said it could take up to 2 business days after the game shipped. Although I got mine for Alan Wake already but I'm guessing Alan Wake didn't sell as many copies...

Posted on May 18, 2010 7:59:31 AM PDT
I do not recall that being noted anywhere in the order process. I woudl be fine with that for the gift card but the main reason I ordered from here was for the game DL code for the golden guns.

Posted on May 18, 2010 7:59:51 AM PDT
Cody says:
If you read the product description I'm pretty sure it said that it could take up to ten days.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 8:05:23 AM PDT
J. Rogers says:
Sometimes it takes a few days, I've NEVER had a time where I did NOT receive a credit. As somebody else mentioned I already got mine for Alan Wake but I haven't received it for this one yet. I'm not worried, worse case scenario I just call customer service as the promotion is mentioned in the order confirmation email I received when the order was placed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 8:05:40 AM PDT
S. Sigle says:
they have ten days from shipping it to you to give you those items, so they got until the 28th, until then don't worry and play the game.

Posted on May 18, 2010 8:07:03 AM PDT
Yeah, it clearly stated that it could take up to 10 days before receiving the e-mail.

Posted on May 18, 2010 8:13:13 AM PDT
mubunyan says:
Was it 10 days or 10 Business days? I don't remember. Every Pre-order code I have received within 3 though.

Posted on May 18, 2010 8:20:54 AM PDT
D. Russo says:
Please do not post if you didn't get yet. Please do not use this thread to give opinion or belief, I make these threads to assist us who sometimes don't get our bonuses have something for customer service to look at.

Ok to correct above posts:

1. It is a $20 Gift Card not a $20 credit for Red Dead.
2. 10 days for the Golden Guns code, the Gift Card/Credits are always 2 days, read the offers.
3. Some of us, including myself don't get these bonuses, so everyone doesn't get in time.
4. They are all emailed/applied at the sam time, if got the Alan Wake credit this morning and I don't get by noon, especially if I order before you, there is a problem and Amazon needs/wants to know there is an error in the system.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 8:54:07 AM PDT
Matt J. Rose says:
Actually D. Russo the Golden Gun code is in the case. You will get the $20 Gift Card credited to your account within 10 days. I got my Golden Gun code and its pretty awesome!

Posted on May 18, 2010 9:11:00 AM PDT
J. Lane says:
so the golden gun codes are in the box when u get from amazon, is it both ps3 and 360 versions have that code ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:14:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2010 9:21:25 AM PDT
Matt J. Rose says:
J.Lane, I cant vouch for the PS3 version because both I've seen have been 360 versions, however the copy I played last night (360) from Walmart...had no code.

The sheet included also has a poster for a Co-Op mission pack coming soon: "the mission pack includes 6 extensive co-op missions adding hours of gunslinging through Mexico and the dying west"

Posted on May 18, 2010 9:17:33 AM PDT
J. Theisen says:
Will they email the code at all? Mine just came from UPS, and the code was not in my case. All I got was the disc,manual, ad for the co-op pack/max payne 3 and the paper map. I placed my order on May 9th, which I think the golden guns was still available.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:21:16 AM PDT
D. Russo says:
Amazon.com Gift Card Pre-order Bonus Pre-order your copy of Red Dead Redemption and get a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card. Additionally you'll receive access to an Amazon
exclusive in-game golden gun, which lets you gain fame
faster (fame gains you access to in-game side missions).
Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days
after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and
sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per
customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or
terminate this promotion at any time. Additional
restrictions apply. See gift card details.

10 days for the access code to Golden Guns, but if you said code is in box, there is no worry about that. Add-ons are always 10 business days, but Gift Cards and Credits are always two business days.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:25:37 AM PDT
Matt J. Rose says:
Jesse,

Whats on the flip side of the co-op pack ad?

Posted on May 18, 2010 9:26:57 AM PDT
C. Boswell says:
I just got my copy (360), and the gold guns code was in the game case, on the back of the card advertising the co-op pack. There was also a map/poster and the manual. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:28:16 AM PDT
D. Russo says:
Thank you, that helps us a lot on the Golden Guns, if mine isnt in there when it gets here...

Posted on May 18, 2010 9:29:05 AM PDT
J. Lane says:
jesse do you have the ps3 or 360 version ?

Posted on May 18, 2010 9:37:09 AM PDT
J. Theisen says:
I have the 360 version, and on the part advertising the co op pack, is just saying max payne 3.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:39:10 AM PDT
J. Lane says:
from here and other site, its sounds like the golden guns code should be inside the game box

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:43:31 AM PDT
Matt J. Rose says:
Mine was 360 version, and the gun code was on the flip side of the co op pack ad...that's weird.

Posted on May 18, 2010 9:47:18 AM PDT
mattw666 says:
my buddy got his code in package mine wasnt there. and no i still havent got my $20 game credit. who do i contact for a code???

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:48:12 AM PDT
mattw666 says:
same problem dude!!! my buddy opened his right next to me and mines different

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 9:51:04 AM PDT
Cesar L. says:
Didn't you read *any* of the posts above? It can take up to 2 (or 10) days to get the game credit code. If you didn't get the golden guns in the package, it still says you'll get it within 10 days....
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Red Dead Redemption forum
Participants:  133
Total posts:  195
Initial post:  May 18, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (862)