Customer Discussions > Just Dance 2 - Nintendo Wii forum

Has anyone actually lost weight using Just Dance 2?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2010 8:22:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2010 8:46:02 AM PST
jrjccj says:
Reading all the great reviews and many talk about it being a great workout, but I don't read in any of the posts that it has actually taken pounds off. Can anyone share any weight loss using this game?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 3:26:04 AM PST
Sharon says:
The game just came out so it's unlikely you'd hear weight loss stories so soon!

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 4:01:46 PM PST
MVTom says:
Dancing burns calories, so, you can lose weight by dancing. therefore, you should be able to do it with this game. However, nothing will take off weight without some work. This is no magic diet, it is a dance program. Using it, along with sensible eating habits will have a positive benefit. What can be guaranteed is that this makes exercise fun, which is half the battle.

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 6:29:58 PM PST
K. Thompson says:
I routinely use my Wii as a source of exercise. I also have some other dance games, sports games and two fitness games, and I rotate them regularly to keep from getting bored. I don't know if it's the sole reason I've lost weight, but I can definitely tell a difference after playing in how I feel throughout the day. I've also seen that I can play in longer stretches than when I first started, I don't get easily winded anymore, it helps me consume more water (because I'm definitely sweating it out!), etc. I love this game, it's a great way to get some fantastic aerobic exercise!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 5:24:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 31, 2010 9:01:55 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 8:31:47 AM PST
Tracey says:
I'm considering purchasing this game. I lost most of my weight using Dance Dance Revolution. But this one doesn't have the annoying mat that keeps moving so I was going to give it a shot. Love the non-conventional ways to exercise :-) So much better than a treadmill!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 10:52:24 AM PST
I have been using it as part of my workout routine and have lost 5 lbs. in 2 weeks. Please note that I combined 30-60 minutes of Just Dance 2 with a healthy diet, about 15 minutes of stretching and some basic barbell moves. My calorie count website estimates that the game burns 400+ calories an hour (not sure on the exact amount) so the game combined with watching the diet will easily make you lose weight all by itself.

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 5:57:06 AM PST
K. Rauch says:
Do you need any other equipment, I've read about a "mat" -is that needed for this game to work?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011 3:08:55 PM PST
Wren-d says:
No, only the remote.
This game only tracks one arm, the one holding the remote. In all honesty, you could just do the moves with that arm and nothing else and still get points. You don't even need the nunchuck.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 11:18:58 AM PST
Sarah I says:
During bad winter weather, I substituted my 2.5 mi run with 45-60 minutes of JD2 3 days a week for the last two weeks now...I certainly haven't gained anything and I'm feeling pretty trim and toned :) (Btw, the secret to getting your time's worth out of the exercises is to try hard to keep up with the footwork!)

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 7:17:08 PM PST
I use this as my main workout about 2-3 times a week. I do Turbo Jam on the other days. That being said, I do it for about an hour and I mimic the footwork, hip movements, etc and I really give it my all. I try to get my score higher and higher, and perfect every dance...and I get a great workout doing so. In 2 weeks of Just Dance 2 & Turbo Jam, I've lost about 9 pounds. I also track my calories religiously on My Fitness Pal though. If you move more and eat less, the weight WILL come off.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2011 10:32:48 AM PST
jrae says:
What website are you using for calorie counting Gwen?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 2:59:19 PM PST
JNJ-Trading says:
25 Pounds!!! Love this game its a competition now with me and the family. Its fun and the pounds are coming off. I highly recommend it!

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 6:11:22 AM PST
Jersey Girl says:
I played this game and to me it doesn't even begin to compare to Zumba for Wii. That uses a belt to hold the wii mote so you aren't constantly holding it. Yes,it has short tutorials but I suggest skipping those and just going for it. It eventually repeats itself so that after you have been playing a while you will be able to pick up most of the moves. I cannot dance at all and even if I am not doing all the moves correctly, I am still doing something. I lost four pounds the first week adding Zumba to my routine. It doesn't take a long time to load so if you do a 20 min dance routine on it..you have 2-5 seconds in between songs to get a quick drink of water. It even has a belly dance routine. I found it head over heels better than Just Dance 2. I suggest you rent it before shelling out any money on it. I was excited to get it from Gamefly and played for about an hour and knew I didn't like it. The songs are not very good on it either.

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 6:59:28 PM PDT
ucladoc says:
35 pounds since January ... great game!

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 2:11:55 AM PDT
i have lost around 6 lbs playing just dance 2 in the matter of maybe 2 months. I know it doesn't sound like a lot of weight, but I started playing when I was already down to 120 lbs when I started so I didn't have much to lose. It has also helped to tone up my thighs, but sadly, it's done nothing for my calves :( Maybe some ankle weights could be beneficial!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 11:37:48 AM PDT
Yes, I have lost about 10 lbs using this game for exercise in combination with a healthy diet! I try to do it for at least 30 minutes about 3-4 times per week, but more if I can. It's a wonderful, fun workout that I actually enjoy.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 6:58:47 PM PST
T.L.M. says:
My friends granddaughter got Just Dance 2 for Christmas. I played for about an hour with her and my friend. I am almost 300 lbs and my friend is in the low 200s. We took turns dancing against the granddaughter because we were so winded, but we had a lot of fun. I ordered the original Just Dance 1 for myself. If I don't get bored with it, I'll get Just Dance 2 when it comes down a bit. I'm a bit of a tightwad. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2012 6:38:35 AM PST
Riversedge says:
I am starting my second week with this type of exercise it's fun and I lost 3 lbs the first week.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 10:46:12 AM PDT
T. lebron says:
Check this out it can be done:
http://812f5hn9fxgmfxb8hv1ygw9m42.hop.clickbank.net/

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 10:21:37 AM PDT
S. Wilson says:
Guide to losing 3 pounds a week http://bit.ly/14OJ2J8

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2013 11:00:01 AM PDT
Stephanie says:
The Zumba doesn't begin to compare to the Technology of JUST DANCE. It is very easy to cheat on zumba and a lot harder on Just Dance. I love it that you have to push yourself to get all the stars. If you don't jump and do the legs you will NEVER reach that last star. It is the BEST game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions