Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Sensor DIGIC 4 Image Processor Full-HD Movie Mode Digital SLR Camera and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD Standard Zoom Lens (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $600.00
Does anyone know when this kit is dropping? Since the body is already available, I'm assuming the delay here is due to the lens - does anyone know when the kit is going to drop?

Thanks.
asked by Artem Russakovskii on June 11, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Amazon's price is much higher than other retailers.
Amazon Customer answered on July 28, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've been holding off on buying a Canon T2i in the hopes of seeing a little price drop 6 months after introduction. Instead, many retailers including Amazon and my local department stores have been out-of-stock of this camera. It seems demand slightly outstrips supply right now.
Scott A. Miller answered on August 15, 2010

A
I doubt this kit will drop any time soon. At least not until a replacement model is available for the T2i.

Perhaps with the release of the 60D and the new 7D SV, the T2i may reduce in price when the Holiday shopping season approaches.

Also worth noting is that there is another kit available with the 18-135 lens that is NOT available here on Amazon. I had to purchase that one from a local pro camera shop for $1149. It has the same contents as this package plus:

-An extra Canon lithium battery
-A Canon 67mm UV filter
-A Canon bayonet mount lens hood
-Belking 6ft mini HDMI to HDMI cable

The sales rep at the store informed me that only "pro" shops carry this package while other big box retailers carry the standard 18-55 or 18-135 packages and bodies.
Benjamin Kozera answered on August 27, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product