Sony HDRPJ260V High Definition Handycam 8.9 MP Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom, 16 GB Embedded Memory and Built-in Projector (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $299.95
Would anyone know if this unit features digital and/*OR* analog inputs for audio and video?
[UPDATED] asked by Sam Newell on April 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
yes, a cable which plugged into the RCA jacks (red, yellow, white) came with mine.
Peter Paul answered on April 3, 2013

A
vote
I'm sorry Sam, I think i misread your initial question. The cable i was referring to was for output not in. my bad. I don't think you can do what your wanting with this camcorder. However there are other options besides a third party to convert your old VHS tapes. Simply search for a vhs to dvd converter. There are many options to choose from. Again sorry for misreading your question.
Peter Paul answered on April 3, 2013

A
vote
No analog. Nobody makes it that easy to transfer your old tapes to digital. Digital in and out is via USB using Play Memories software.
Mark answered on April 3, 2013

A
vote
Because the question is mentioned as "Inputs" I presume that the question refers to installing video and audio "IN" to the camera. The following answer is based on this presumtion:
According to the user's manual, any input to this camera is very limited. It mentions using the usb connections for use of uploading data from a computer such as image files. Presumably possible to upload audio via the same method however this would appear to be digital ONLY and I would suggest limited.
The short answer is that this camera is basically designed as an output device and as such, any editing should be accomplished upon downloading the recorded material to the computer or other external recording device.
Answers by other reviewers dwell on the "OUTPUT" side of this camera.
If it's video and audio output answers you are seeking, there are cable connections for both HDMI and composite methods.
Middle Class Man answered on April 3, 2013

A
votes
If you are asking if you can hook this up directly to your tv/dvd/vcr etc with RCA jacks, then yes.
John answered on April 3, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›