Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Has anyone had playback problems on Blu Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 26, 2009 9:25:09 AM PDT
F exc says:
I get skips and freezes exactly when Cruise blows up the bomb and they are escaping the Wolf's Lair. I have many Blu Rays and this is the first problem.
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2009 9:02:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2009 9:17:31 AM PDT
I had the same problem. Glad to know it's not just my copy. Mine skips at that moment, too. But if I have to live with it, at least it only skips a minute. Plus, I also have the digital copy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 5:24:58 AM PDT
My copy will not play the movie. It will play the previews but when I try to play the movie, it goes back to the main menu over and over again. I even took it back to get another copy and the same issue!! My other blu-rays play just fine. Suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 4:16:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2009 4:17:26 AM PDT
I get exactly the same problem, but mine is the uk edition, I returned my copy thinking it was the disc, but my replacement copy arrived today and does exactly the same. I have now sent an e-mail to the fox blu ray site to report the problem. I will let you know what they say.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 6:23:40 AM PDT
I have a samsung player and I updated the firmware (very easy to do from their site) and it fixed the problem.

Posted on Jul 9, 2009 4:06:22 PM PDT
R. Mohammed says:
No problems with mine, I have the a Sony BDP-S550.

Posted on Jul 17, 2009 10:14:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2010 6:00:50 PM PST
M. Eve says:
My Samsung BDP-1500 refuses to play Valkyrie. The disc looks in perfect shape. I have the latest firmware. I guess I'll have to try another copy of the disk.

Edit: Jan 19,2010
Surprised this thread is still alive. I exchanged my copy of the disk, and the new disk worked fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2009 9:19:13 PM PDT
Suds says:
I have a Samsung BDP-1500 and I have received twwo different blu ray dvd's from Blockbuster and now 1 from Netflix and all three stick at the main menu. You hit "play" it runs a bit the goes back the main menue. I have yet to see one second of the actual movie.

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 10:27:50 PM PDT
Worthington says:
Does the Blue-ray version have the History Channel documentary?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2009 8:29:18 PM PDT
NoFear_2008 says:
I rented this and had no problems playing in on my PS3. Since other people report the same problem, it could be either a bad batch of discs or some players are having problems with playback.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2009 2:51:02 PM PDT
Suds says:
Thanks. I found that after I did the firmware update available aat the Samsung websit, I have had no further problems with any BluRays where previously about 15% of my rental wouln't play properly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2009 2:38:58 PM PST
M. Garland says:
I'm up to about 90% of my rentals not playing. I finally quit renting Blu-rays. Then, today, I decided I'd had enough of my Blu-ray player freezing on movies that played just fine previously, and I took it back to the store and had them ship it back to Samsung for repair. What a rip. Two to four weeks with no Blu-ray. It sure would be nice if these companies would manufacture products that work the majority of the time. Very disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2009 11:38:37 AM PST
pat says:
Try updating your blue ray player. You need to go to the company websight and follow their instructions to downloan and transfer the update to the player.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2010 4:46:08 PM PST
Donald Morie says:
Same here, at the same point in the movie.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  May 26, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Valkyrie [Blu-ray]
Valkyrie [Blu-ray] by Tom Cruise (Blu-ray - 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars (1,026)