Did anyone NOT have problems using this with Vista? It seems like people have had issues with this...
asked by M. Eason on January 20, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
I use it on vista both x32 and x64... no problems at all.
Amazon Customer answered on March 16, 2010

A
votes
I am not sure if the software works well at all on any operating systems. I have it installed on a Windows Xp machine and Vista Machine. Both versions have the same (and severe) problems. Scanner works fine, but the software is a piece of crap. It seems that the programmers at Neat have problems handling memory, because the software craps out and crashes at random intervals and reports memory problems. The bugs in the software make it marginally usable, ufortunately I am stuck with this format and convert all my receipts to something else is too much work. When I reported all the bugs to Neat (about a year ago) I just got a big yawn! My advise would be to stay away from this software until (if ever) they fix the bugs.
amneris answered on February 5, 2012

A
vote
Well on Win/7 it craps out immediately if not sooner!
As soon as I got the NeatReceipts product, I installed it on a new Win/7 system.
The software and hardware install supposedly worked fine.
Started using it to scan receipts - got to learn about categories, etc.
Walked away from computer - came back to find Neat 5.0 SP2 had crapped out -"Neat is not working and needs to be closed."
Tried to restart it, got exactly the same error.
Tried total uninstall and reinstall -- it worked again for 15 or so minutes
Again, letting it sit idle for any length of time caused the program to crash.
Have gone through 8 cycles of uninstall and reinstall to no avail
My time has cost me more than this product could ever be worth.
The company has not had the courtesy to respond to direct communications with them, or posted request for srevice
So, at this point, guess Facebook and Twitter are the only recourse to tell how lousy a product this is
Curmudgeon answered on January 3, 2012

A
votes
I had the same problem. They said go into REG EDIT and delete anything in the registry to do with Neat. That worked as far as installing the program so I could open it on my screen. But the scanner itself hasn't worked yet. It's telling me no drivers loaded. That's where I am right now. I've been messing with this for almost a week now! I really wanted this...was all excited to ditch tons of paper. Now I'm pretty much ready to give up and return it.
Linche answered on March 25, 2012

A
vote
I was installing software, but pc hung, so had to restart. Now it says I need to uninstall exisiting version, but there is nothing I can see to uninstall. I have Vista and it doesn't show up on the uninstall list. I did a search and manually deleted software, but is still says it sees it. I assume there is some hidden file that needs to be deleted.
Bearabull answered on February 4, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›