Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Has anyone been helped here( who had asthma) with this approach?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2012 2:34:42 PM PST
I don't like being on steroids and picking up illnesses so frequently as I have this winter. I am wondering if anyone on here had asthma, tried this program and was healed from it? I used to be very healthy, but my quality of life has gone downhill quickly since I got the asthma diagnosis.
Guess you just have to bite the bullet and throw out all your wheat products right? I wasted so much money. But I'll waste even more if I don't try this and see if I don't get better. Thanks for any help you might be able to share with me.
booklover

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2012 6:08:30 AM PST
went wheat free and gluten free about 2 years ago after trying to talk and breath at the same time steriods antibiotics dozens of inhalers. i am now asthma free no meds since making this change

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 8:00:52 AM PST
Thank you Linda. Do you have any cookbooks you particularly follow or do you have any other ideas of how to get started making the plunge? I do appreciate it! ;)
booklover

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:03:45 AM PST
lowcarbfriends.com has a gluten free support group
i would google gluten free recipes try a few and get a feel of what you like better almond flour or coconut flour ect
I also have an allergy for dairy so i currently do a paleo diet and my favorite is Well Fed by Malissa Joulwan you can go on her website
{clothes make the girl}to see if her recipes interest you. also see if you have any gluten free resturants or bakeries in you area
udi products are good in the freezer section of markets. I do like cook books for pasteries other than that i use my own recipes and substitute gluten free pasta, corn starch for gravy, cooked cabbage for lasagna noodles, when i started out it was hard for me so i bought alot of products i dont cheat any more because someone told me gluten to me was like eating rat poison. i can breath im energized i feel 15 years younger, ive lost wieght. make it easy for yourself

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:44:41 PM PST
Thank you Linda. You have given me some wonderful ideas here and I appreciate
your taking the time to share them with me. I am glad it has helped you and I hope I can be as successful as you have been with going wheat free. Thanks again.
booklover

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 3:19:46 PM PDT
I gave up wheat about 5 weeks ago. I also have (had?) asthma. I usually take a few puffs from my inhaler (albuterol) before I work out at the gym, but I forgot my inhaler about 2-3 weeks into my wheat-free trial (which is now a permanent dietary exclusion for me).

While I used to gasp for air if I did the eliptical and weights without using the inhaler, I had absolutely no problems breathing while working out this time. It was really remarkable, actually.

So I won't (yet) say I've been "cured" of my asthma, I'm noticing some very positive affects from going wheat-free. I'm also not getting headaches like I used to.

Good luck!

-s

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 6:33:12 PM PST
Ellen Bayer says:
I appreciate reading your posts about going about going gluten free and having reduced or nearly no asthma symptoms. I've had asthma all my life, but recently in the last 3 months, the asthma has gotten worse and I don't have the stamina I once had and the drs. can't figure it out. SO, I am gonna try gluten free and see if it makes a difference for me.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 1:21:29 AM PST
Rica says:
I also grew up with Asthma as a kid. A few years ago we moved into this place that was a block from the freeway, and across the street from a bus stop (high air pollution area). My Asthma resurfaced and I was put on Steroid Inhalers 2X/Day. When I adopted a low carb way of eating in February 2011, I noticed several positive changes: no more gas or bloating after eating, mind fog gone, increase in energy, inpulsive eating gone, weight loss, AND no more need for the Steroid Inhaler. I had not moved, the only difference was that I had given up wheats and sweets. Now I can't say for sure if it was the wheats or a combination of the two that cured my Asthma, but having experienced such a significant improvement in my health, there is no way I would ever go back to that "old" way of eating again.

There are so many gluten free bloggers out there these days, publishing cookbooks and posting FREE recipes! Laura Dobson of www.lowcarbdiets.about.com is a great starting point for all things wheat free and low carb. Yes, you'll have to spend a little more money on alternative foods to cook or bake with (I like to bake), and experiment with sugar alcohols too. For me, even if I had not experienced any of those other "side," effects from giving up wheat and going low-carb, the loss of the Steroid Inhalers would be sufficient. I have not needed to use my inhalers since going low carb and I would never entertain the thought of going back. Curing myself from Asthma is priceless. I know I'm worth it, and you are too!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about