Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2012 11:48:25 AM PDT
I was going against all wheat products except Ezekial because its merely sprouted lentils, sprouted wheat, and no "flour". Its the old "Bible" bread that Dr. Davis has said is good. For those living wheat free, what is your opinion on Ezekial bread.
Thanks!

Posted on May 29, 2012 10:50:59 AM PDT
Beverly says:
That bread is the best... Ezekial is not made from wheat. It cost a little more, but I think it is worth it. do a search for it. They sell other products as well. I will not buy wheat breat again after learn about this bread.

Posted on May 30, 2012 12:19:16 AM PDT
kelker11 says:
I bought this bread at just over $7 for a really short loaf. Just don't expect it to taste breadlike. It doesn't. It really doesn't taste like anything you've had before. No real description for it. I made toast...and couldn't eat it because it tasted so bad. No one in my family would eat it. Ended up throwing the rest of the loaf away.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 2:03:31 PM PDT
I think it is absolutely delicious...very nutty flavor, especially when toasted...much more flavorful than regular boring old wheat bread anyway...toasted with butter is the best. YUM.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:07:42 AM PDT
whitehl says:
If you're going to try Ezekiel Bread, I recommend buying the Sesame one, and toasting it. I love it, but have tried the others, and they were ick. I've ate Ezekiel Bread pretty consistently for 3 years now, and would never go back to the other stuff. Not sure how accurate it is, but I heard about a year ago that your body sees Ezekiel Bread as a vegetable vs a starch when metabolizing it.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 7:25:52 PM PDT
Have been following the Pink Method Diet since February and have lost 26 lbs. Started eating Ezekial sprouted grain bread since starting the 2nd phase of the diet and found that it really satisfied my "bread" craving. Love it toasted with egg whites for breakfast or with almond butter on it. Good substitute fir Pb&j: all natural peanut butter with flaxseed and superfruit spread from Trader Joe's. I have basically given up wheat bu following my low glycemic diet but am excited to read Wheat Belly to find out more info. Can definitely tell a huge difference in my energy level, lack of seasonal allergy symptoms this year and my flat belly that I assumed was forever gone as I am now 40 and have had 2 children.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 11:43:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 11:56:41 PM PDT
desconsolada says:
I buy the Ezekiel sprouted grain bread, but just now I looked at the ingredients as listed on their website and found "organic wheat gluten" in at least 3 of the breads. Isn't gluten what we need to avoid?

The manufacturer of Ezekiel Bread is Food for Life and they do have wheat-free and gluten-free breads, which I have not tried. I looked at some of their ingredients lists and read fruit juice and tapioca flour, and I seem to remember Dr. Davis counseling against gluten-free products like these.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 3:40:29 PM PDT
Dr. Davis never said this bread was a good replacement. I just finished the book, and he added "flourless" sprouted grain breads (if they contain wheat) to the list. Sorry.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 4:09:29 AM PDT
Island Girl says:
I've heard of it, and have used it.
It's a very different taste.

When Suzanne Somers was doing her low carb plan no sugar was allowed and the ORANGE wrapped loaf of this bread was the only one that was acceptable.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 4:54:31 PM PDT
Sally says:
Fit for Life makes a wheat and Gluten free bread, it's raisin pecan. It taste great toasted.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 17, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health by William Davis (Hardcover - August 30, 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (4,801)