Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day
Does anyone know if this works with Vista? I'm interested in this model, but haven't found any information as to whether it works well with Windows Vista. Thanks!
asked by Kelly Kel on April 8, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
According to Blue's website:

Is the Snowball compatible with Windows Vista?
Snowballs manufactured after July, 2007 (with serial numbers higher than 76-065000) are Vista compatible. Snowballs with serial numbers lower than this are not Vista compatible.
Michael Kozarski answered on March 12, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Blue Snowball now works with Vista, go to their website.
T. Nield answered on December 5, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Two of the reviews say that it doesn't work with Vista. Check with the manufacturer's website to see if there's any updated information on this issue.
Author Bill Peschel answered on May 20, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks. I finally went with another mic that does work with Vista. :) Hopefully Blue will figure out a way to integrate its mic into Vista as well.
Kelly Kel answered on May 20, 2008

A
Now the question is how old is Amazons backstock ;)
J. Palaima answered on January 12, 2010

A
Considering that this has been on the bestsellers list in the Musical Instruments store for over a year, I'm guessing their stock is pretty current.
BassMan answered on January 12, 2010

A
I'm using one of the Snowball mics with Windows 7, in case anyone is interested. It works great with the native Windows 7 drivers (I'm using 32-bit Windows 7). Awesome mic!
T. Mark Ehr answered on February 24, 2010

A
I have one, bought on amazon.com a few months ago. Works perfectly well with Vista and Audacity.
Cromulus answered on July 6, 2010

A
What color is yours? One of the reviews complains that the white model (which is currently cheaper than the others) does not work with Vista. I'm trying to figure out if this is just an old review or if the current white ones are some of the previous version that didn't support Vista / Win 7.
Jason Chance answered on September 17, 2010

A
I'm having difficulty getting mine to install on Vista and Windows 7 (two different machines). I can't seem to find the serial number anywhere, so I don't know if it falls into the older category or not. Have contacted customer support to see what's up. Jury is out for me right now.
Travis M. Erickson answered on February 8, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product