Hello!! Can anyone please tell me how the camera performs at night? Or at a concert? Thank you!!
asked by B. Kennedy on January 31, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I can only say that at night its pretty good.Never took pictures with it at a concert yet though.Took picture at night of the full moon and with the zoom lense you could see the craters.Best camera I ever had
Brenda LoCicero answered on February 2, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My Daughter really loves this camera. I bought a Nikon similar to the Canon, The Canon blows the Nikon out of the water. You dont even need to use the flash with low lighting and still get a quality picture. If your thinking of buying the Canon, I really think you'll be satisfied with this camera, especially for the price. you cant beat it. I believe the next camera after this you start spending more for telepohoto lens and expensive flashes. Good luck I hope this helps.
coolcalva answered on February 7, 2013
Comment | 7 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It sounds as if you need specifics. If this powershot is like the two powershots I have owned, you can approach low light non-flash shooting two ways.

One is to set the ISO setting at the top of the function set button. The ISO numbers run from 100 to 1600 (or more) on most powershots. If you want more light, you set it in the higher number range. (This method will increase digital noise in the image, by the way.)

The other way is to access the exposure setting (marked with +/- for plus and minus, and located above the function set button to the left on the back of the SX500) and move it up from zero as high as two.

You may need to play with a balance between these two light-gaining adjustments. Practice in a low light setting before an event. Good luck.
Iconophoric answered on May 16, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This camera performs quite well in low light.... don't know about a concert per se, but night is quite good if there is some light....or, go manual, make your settings wide open, use a tripod...you know the rest
Cecylia K. Dunning answered on February 2, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This camera performs quite well in low light.... don't know about a concert per se, but night is quite good if there is some light....or, go manual, make your settings wide open, use a tripod...you know the rest
Cecylia K. Dunning answered on February 2, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Is this camera bulky?
Cheryl W. answered on June 8, 2013
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product