Has anyone used this popper for roasting coffee beans? If so, I would like your opinion on the ease of use and quality of the roast you obtained.

Thanks,

--Brian
asked by B. Goldstein on March 20, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
The Toastmaster 6202 is of a better design for what you want to do. The Presto has air vents on the bottom and is very hot. The Toastmaster has the air vents the side, not as hot, and better air curculation. The Toastmaster is a copy of the West Bend Poppery II. But this model will work and some have used it. I do not have any experience myself.
fairview answered on March 21, 2007

A
votes
I used it for the first time today. It was hotter, more powerful than my previous one which gave an even roast. HOWEVER, about as many beans popped out unroasted as the ones that stayed in for the entire roast. That was very disconcerting!
Diane Wilson answered on March 16, 2008

A
votes
I have used this for a year to roast beans. It works great. I modified it by paperclipping the thermostat closed- this prevents it from shutting off, which it will do when it gets too hot. I also use a wide tomato can to extend the chute and prevent beans from flying away. It is worth $20. Other good reasons to use this for coffee: It blows the chaff away, so you don't have to deal with that; plus you don't have to clean the unit. I keep mine outside year round, and it still works like a champ.
EJ answered on December 26, 2013

A
votes
Just buy a coffee bean roaster, dude.
TruthMaster answered on March 17, 2007

A
[Deleted by the author on May 23, 2007 11:32:42 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›