Sony KDL50EX645 50-Inch 1080p 120HZ Internet Slim LED HDTV (Black) (Old Version)
Used & New from: $600.00
Does anyone have any glare problems with this Sony EX645? I'm considering this TV and want to put it in a room where I have natural light.
asked by MAP on February 16, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
vote
We have had this tv in our very bright living room since November. Absolutely love the picture quality & have not experienced any glare problems. Hope this helps!
S. Cook answered on February 16, 2013

A
vote
I haven't had any issues with glare and I have the tv in a room with a lot of windows. Maybe it's where I have the tv, but no issues
M. answered on February 16, 2013

A
vote
During daylight hours the picture does diminish somewhat. When direct light hits the screen there is glare from the light. I am able to watch TV without a problem with natural light in the room.
Ronald G. answered on February 16, 2013

A
vote
I have had the TV for a while now and no problems with glare unless in direct sunlight.
Cindy W. answered on February 16, 2013

A
vote
I have it in a real well lit room and glare is not an issue unless direct sunlight hits it, which it can do a certain short periods of the day. Dont think you have much to worry about.
Over all am real happy within the TV in the 6 months or so i have had it.
Bill Hughes TC answered on February 16, 2013

A
vote
We have a lot of natural light as well, although none shines directly on the screen. But I haven't had any issue at all with glare on this TV.
Karen P answered on February 16, 2013

A
vote
I purchased this TV in December this past year. Even though this TV has nonreflective glass, you will still get some sort of reflection with any direct light. The nonreflective glass does a decent job mitigating this. Much better than a normal glass panel would do. You shouldn't have any problem with natural light unless there is direct light coming in such as sunlight. The good thing is you can always make adjustments with the backlighting and the brightness controls. Hope this helps!
Cliftonian Institute answered on February 16, 2013

A
votes
I have no glare problems, but I don't keep my main TV in a brightly lite area. I would imagine if I had a window staring right into the screen, that would be a problem for any TV. This TV is great ---buy it.
Robert A. Carter answered on February 16, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›