Can anyone recommend a 8 GB SDHC card for SD 780 IS? I am not sure whether to a get a scandisk or some other 8 GB SDHC card. Can someone please recommend a 8 GB SDHC card for SD 780 IS?
asked by VB on November 28, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
I had the same question so I spoke with a Canon rep today. He recommended SanDisk but noted that the sd780is only writes up to 18-19 MB/sec. So it's essentially a waste of money to purchase a card that writes any faster than 20 MB/sec. Check this one out: Sandisk 8GB EXTREME SDHC SD Card Class 6 (SDSDX3-8192 Bulk Package) However, faster cards are likely to write and read faster through a card reader or on your computer.
JJ Rudy answered on December 3, 2009

A
votes
Class 4 is good enough. I use a class 4, 8G sandisk SD. The result is very satisfied.
N. Zhu answered on December 30, 2009

A
vote
It is rather confusing. On the link I provided, scroll down to the "Technical Details" part of the page. It reads "Minimum 20MB/ sec sequential read/write speeds." Best of luck!
JJ Rudy answered on December 4, 2009

A
votes
i don't understand the20 mb/sec. http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdhc says class 2, 4, 6 only do 2, 4, and 6 mb/sec. the link to the sandisk card shows class 6 but does say 20mb
rickster answered on December 4, 2009

A
votes
Get the Extreme III with read/write of 20MB/S.
Carlos N. Navarro answered on December 6, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›