Tech Spec of motor? I need to work out a solution to convert using UK mains supply.

Can anyone tell me the technical manifacturers specifications of the train motor and it's power requirements ? ie What is the power of the motor in the train? (Polar Express O gauge) ac or dc? / how many volts?
Hz? because I don't understand from any information provided by suppliers.
asked by Miss Kendra Kirkham on October 20, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
votes
If you have a version made for use in the US, the supplied transformer is designed for an input voltage of 110 VAC at 60 cycles. You would have to either get a step down transformer to convert the UK 220 VAC to 110 VAC or look for a UK version transformer designed to an input voltage of 220 VAC made for use with Lionel trains.

The output of these transformers is between about 5 VAC and 17 VAC. The motor in the locomotive is a DC can type motor. The locomotive has a circuit board in it that converts the 5 VAC to 17 VAC to DC for the motor and the circuit board also does the polarity switching to make the DC motor run in different direction to give you forward and reverse movement.
Don Hud answered on October 25, 2010

A
votes
Just put together the polar express o gauge train set, it will not work when all 5 cars are attached. Green light starts blinking and then it won't Even start with more than 2-3 cars. Any suggestions?
A. Chafin answered on December 24, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›