Would it be appropriate for a 12-year old who has built the most advanced Lego sets (Tower Bridge, Carousel, etc.) but who likes to use his imaginatio
asked by Maud H. Chaplin on November 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Absolutely, however, this is a very basic set. I would suggest also getting the set that includes the more specific, detailed pieces, or the wheels and tires set.
Lacey DC answered on November 6, 2012
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The 704-piece Lego kit has no fancy special parts. It just has the old fashioned Lego bricks, plus a few plain bases and other items to help build some buildings, bridges, etc. It's a throwback to the original Lego kits of 50 yeasr ago where kid's imagination thrived. No TV characters, no Batman or other Super Heros, no pop culture stuff such as Elvis or The Beatles - nothing but Lego bricks, bricks, and more bricks. My grand nephews love it!
Chalmer Wren, Jr. answered on November 6, 2012
Comment (1) | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, the more variety of Lego sets the better. I bought this set and another similar to it for the different style pieces. My granddaughters have enjoyed them and are building items without plans just for the fun of creating. They then take them apart and try other ideas.
Lynn C. Hunneyman answered on November 6, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They are normal, simple lego pieces. If he likes to just build, this would be a good set to either complement his other sets or just to build smaller items with his imagination.
Meredith answered on November 7, 2012

A
This is a very basic set. So he might enjoy more pieces.
Mo answered on November 13, 2012

A
Maybe it is a bit kiddie for a 12 year old though but....who knows it is Lego! Extra Lego bits are likely/always appreciated but Lego set that build something specific is likely more appropriate. Most of the DC comic line is very good Lego City and Star Wars are also sought after. It all depends on the kids interest.
forrest answered on November 6, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product