Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Hush, Hush forum

Is appropriate for anyone under the age of thirteen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2010 4:15:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2010 4:16:23 PM PDT
im just curious to know because if it isnt why (explain in details)

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 11:24:19 PM PDT
i think it should be 13+ just because it is really dark in parts. its really good but i wouldnt recommend it to someone under 13

Posted on May 15, 2010 9:58:42 PM PDT
T. Adlam says:
Of course, all individuals and their children vary, so you may well have a mature young reader who can handle it. In general, however, I'd actually bump this up to a 15+ read due to suggestive/coarse language, violence, and the overall development of the relationship between Patch and Nora, which could easily be construed as unhealthy. I wouldn't recommend an impressionable youth reading it unless you plan to discuss it afterward to explain (and possibly debate) what was appropriate and what was not in the way Patch treated Nora, Nora's response, and some of her overall decisions (a specific scene where she's in a bad neighborhood and makes the most asinine decisions concerning her personal safety come to mind).

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 10:20:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 30, 2010 10:21:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 5:00:16 PM PDT
Susan P. says:
i am a twelve year old and some parents dont understand that there are some dark parts so? i would think they would trust us not to act like the characters do in sertain parts

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 6:40:51 AM PST
Maverynthia says:
I would say if this were a horror film it would get an R rating. It has stalking in it and the romantic love interest is basically a serial killer. So, keep that in mind and judge accordingly. I for one wouldn't give it to anyone under 15~16 since it's basically teaching pretty messed up relationships.

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 7:10:49 AM PST
They mention sex in the book but I never read that any sex was going on. I think everyone is okay to read it.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 1:46:36 AM PST
it's not appropriate for anyone of any age to be honest with you, unless you want to open up a dialogue with your sons and daughters that goes something like "NEVER EVER EVER TREAT ANYONE THE WAY PATCH TREATS NORA AND NEVER LET ANYONE TREAT YOU THAT WAY EITHER!"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Hush, Hush forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush Saga)
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca Fitzpatrick (Audio CD - October 13, 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars (1,257)