Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Is this appropriate for smart and curious almost 3 year old? He is obsessed with batteries, outlets and appliances.
asked by PaigeMackeyMurray on December 7, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
REDNERD answered on December 7, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Indieknitter answered on April 4, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My seven year old grandson loves these and we bought him this set for Christmas to expand the possibilities of his exploration. It does have some small parts but I would think that if there were a lot of adult supervision and interaction it could be a learning experience for both of you. I don't think I would leave a child this young alone with it. My grandson has been very inventive and curious for quite some time and this set is definitely for curious minds.
menzge answered on December 7, 2012

A
I say no. It's a pretty expensive toy to "experiment" with. If you do it the wrong way, it will short circuit, then you will have broken pieces.
Raquel Lee answered on December 8, 2012

A
I bought this for my 7 year old. My opinion is it's not appropriate for a 3 year old. To play with it alone he needs to be able to read and follow instructions. For a younger kid you would have to assemble the circuits for him. He's not going to get hurt unless he puts a component in his mouth; however you can easily damage the components by hooking them up incorrectly or handling them wrong. You can also create a short circuit and overheat the batteries.
Tim answered on December 9, 2012

A
We purchased this for our 8 year old and he loves it. I think the excitement of making the lights flash, the fan spin, the radio being heard, etc, will excite your child but snapping the pieces together might be much at his age. Plus the "taste" factor my "short circuit" too many things!
templegrd answered on December 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hard to say if a 3 year old will be interested. The older the child the more they will get out of it.
vince couch answered on December 7, 2012

A
You need string mechanical skills. I think at least 5yrs old is good
Gail Olson answered on December 7, 2012

A
Yes, if you are there with the child to help out a tad it should be appropriate! The instructions are very easy to follow but a 3 year old may need some guidance, especially with the more elaborate ones. This is a lot better than exploring the outlets in the home for sure ;-) Safe alternative! Good luck
Melinda Jessie answered on December 7, 2012

A
Probably not until he can read the instructions unless you are wiling to spend the time helping him each time he wants to make something on the circuit board. There is also the issue of small parts. We have given snap circuits to several of our grandchildren ages 7 and up and they have loved the snap circuits. Their parents have have been their main competitors for time with the snap circuits.
George F. Sanders answered on December 8, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product