Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2009 1:36:52 AM PDT
Andrew says:
The Archos 2 may be pre-order on amazon currently, but it is available directly from the Archos store. I have had good luck with Archos in the past and decided i would support them on their new effort, the Archos 2.
I purchased a black 8GB model and received it on Friday and here is my review.
Upon turning it on, the initial interface looks pretty nice, simple yet sleek. That all changes though, once you go to the sub folders. The interface suddenly takes a bad turn and looks like a cheap jap interface, just all around awful.
Tiny icons, tiny pixelated font, jagged lines, just not what you'd expect from a freshly released item.
I hate the way the music folders are displayed. For example, say you add a band with two separate albums to the music folder. When you go to browse said bands folder, instead of displaying the two albums to choose from, it just clumps all the songs together from both albums. So essentially you will need to sift through a list of songs to listen to one album. Granted, there is a separate folder dedicated to albums only. You'd just expect them to mesh the two together like any other player.
The display is terrible. The backlight is bleeding through on about 60 percent of the edge of the player, making the screen difficult to look at in the seemingly right angle.
Navigating would seem like an easy task for an mp3 player to execute, however, on my model i found the down button sometimes not working with multiple pushes, almost like there was a 5 second lag for scrolling.
Want to listen to an e book? I did, until i realized that there was no reliable resume feature. So i hope you like the fast forward feature... which btw doesn't work so well either. If you stop fast forwarding and try to once again, chances are the next track is where you will end up.
The only thing i will praise somewhat is the sound quality was actually pretty decent. However, not good enough for me to keep the "player". I've now had the player approximately 2 days and today it refused to turn on. So naturally i plug it in to the USB to see if that would remedy the problem. Well, it certainly remedied the problem and then some, erasing all 7GB i had just loaded onto the drive.
To sum it up, don't buy this player unless you wanna get played.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Archos 2 Video MP3 Player 8 GB (Black)
Archos 2 Video MP3 Player 8 GB (Black) by Archos
3.1 out of 5 stars   (18)