can I walk around a classroom with this and use it while doing so? I want a wireless way to use my computer while walking around, standing, addressing a class, etc. In other words, w/o having to sit at the computer. I would have the computer screen projected onto a white board. Has anyone used it this way? Are there other, better options? Thanks
asked by Xangalli on July 26, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
votes
One thing to consider is that because the trackpad has to be on something solid to click, you would have to set it to translate a tap to a click if you would be carrying it in your hand. Otherwise, I think it would work great!
Anson S answered on December 13, 2011

A
vote
Well, considering it is bluetooth, it will most likely work just fine.
Most bluetooth devices have a 30 foot range in which they work no problem. Outside of that it may lose signal intermittently.
Jayrockslife answered on November 27, 2011

A
vote
Yes, you can. As Anson S says, you will want to set it up so you can use a tap (on the flat surface) to click, rather than a 'mechanical click' (though I can get mine to mechanical click in midair by simply holding it between thumb & finger and compressing either of the two rubber 'clickable' feet on the bottom left & right of the unit).

You should also pay close attention to the weight of this item. It isn't light, though it does rest comfortably across my (rather large) left hand (I'm right-handed, so I tap, rotate, etc. with my right). If you'll be carrying it for several hours a day, it could simply be too heavy. It's also probably almost twice the surface area of my Macbook Pro (15 inch)'s trackpad (including the non tappable battery area at top--probably only a 50-60% larger tappable area without that), so it's pretty large too--look at the dimensions as well or go play with one at an Apple Store first.

There are a number of 'in air' (gyroscopic) mice available too that might be lighter weight. The trackpad is very nice however!
B. Cottel answered on December 15, 2011

A
vote
if you have an iphone, i recomend the app air mouse, it does what your looking for much better than this would.
Quickjman answered on May 21, 2012

A
votes
Unless you can use tapping, you will need something to press against to click.
Marja E. answered on May 4, 2014

A
votes
Not yet. I don't want to invest the money in something until I know it does what I want it to. Hopefully someone out there knows and will pass it on.
Xangalli answered on November 25, 2011

A
votes
I was wondering the same thing! Did you try it??
J. Cihla answered on November 25, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›