Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Obama's Wars forum

How arrogant is it that no details of this book are available at this late stage?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2010 1:21:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 11, 2010 8:41:29 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 6:10:15 AM PDT
D. Fernandez says:
He's going to drop it like a bomb at the end of September, and make all the little liberals cry.

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 6:04:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 21, 2010 6:05:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 5:34:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2010 5:36:09 AM PDT
A. Voda says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 5:50:18 AM PDT
LRC says:
And your comment isn't divisive politics as usual? Remember, Mr. Woodward isn't exactly a Republican lover.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2010 6:04:27 AM PDT
B. Hopkins says:
Woodward usually does a better job than most journalists at keeping his own ideology out of his reporting, but he is much closer to Obama ideologically than he was to the previous President.

Also, there's a difference between discord and dysfunction, which is apparently how this book characterizes the Obama administration.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2010 7:19:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2010 4:40:39 AM PDT
A. Voda says:
Did I sound divisive? Other than alienating the writer and a few of his fans, I hardly see where I took a political position.... unless you want to argue the whole "everything is political" thing, which I dont. My point was questioning the book is in terms how much of an historical perspective it really offers. We're so much locked in a of tit for tat for every little thing in this country. It's school yard politics gone large, and childish. I'm only wondering (aloud) if Woodward isn't buying into that a little bit. It certainly makes for a kind of a spinal thrill to know that Gen'l Petraeus is arguing with the president. But didn't MacArthur argue with HIS president? (And probably many many other generals in history argued with theirs.) And let's not forget the so-called division in Lincoln's cabinet that Doris Goodwin reminded us about. Something that he engineered, and what presumably Obama has wanted to emulate. I personally don't see what we gain in historical perspective by zeroing in on what otherwise is effectual healthy backroom discussion and dissension. Transparency is a good thing, but then at the same time, it can cause an awful like of Monday morning quaterbacking.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2010 7:21:53 AM PDT
A. Voda says:
I'm not talking about ideology. I'm talking about zeroing in on otherwise sensationalistic elements. He did the same with Bush and all those that hated Bush rubbed their hands together and went "nyah ha ha". Call me naive, but I'm simply asking "so what?"

Posted on Sep 23, 2010 8:23:03 PM PDT
It's too early to write about Obama's wars

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2010 9:14:29 PM PDT
A. Voda says:
Yeah, that's an even better way of putting it. The rush to write history.

Posted on Sep 23, 2010 10:24:00 PM PDT
Cory Geurts says:
A. Voda, you're right. So is Mariano. Too early to tell. I think Woodward is one of the few people who could write a well-researched book about an administration that's less than 2 years old, and that's still in power. I am hoping that this will be more of a snap shot of the inner-workings of team Obama in action, and less of "sensationalism disguised as investigative journalism." Guess I'll have to wait a few more days to find out.

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 7:21:36 PM PDT
When has Woodward written "sensationalism disguised as investigative journalism?"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Obama's Wars forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Obama's Wars
Obama's Wars by Bob Woodward (Hardcover - September 27, 2010)
4.1 out of 5 stars (231)