4.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying if you have sleep issues
Published 23 months ago by Maggie Percy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough to write a book about
I am really glad that I downloaded this on a day it didn't cost anything, because this book is really silly. They outline "five" steps to falling asleep which could easily be explained in a few sentences, not a ninety-something paged book.

Here-

Steps 1 and 2 tell you to get comfortable and into a good sleeping environment. Common-sense stuff...
Published 18 months ago by Melody Pond

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying if you have sleep issues, October 18, 2012
Maggie Percy (Chino Valley, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fall asleep! It's Easy...The (miraculous) Kaleidoscope Method, How to get to sleep, sleep help, sleep problems, cure insomnia and have better sleep (Kindle Edition)
I have ALWAYS had trouble sleeping. I have read a few books on sleep issues, and I have tried all kinds of remedies. None worked in a lasting way. Some didn't work at all. Some were expensive disappointments. What I like about this book is that it's an easy read; well-written; simple, free technique you can apply the day you read the book; and you get measurable results.

I also like that the author included cautions that there are lots of reasons for sleep issues, and sometimes you need to make changes in your diet and behavior to get results. This is so true. Eating starchy or sweet foods at bedtime or drinking alcohol at bedtime wakes you up due to blood sugar changes later in the night, as she points out. Exercising should not be done right before bed. So many sleep problems are due to simply not knowing the things she points out in this book. Following those suggestions can give relief in many cases.

The technique in the book is easy to apply. I found I got measurable improvement in my ability to fall asleep. I have a very busy mind, and although long ago I realized that I had to stop it so I could sleep, what I didn't realize was that my subconscious mind was still going a mile a minute. Doing this technique helped me to realize that even though I was not consciously thinking about anything, my mind was going like a mad thing. The kaleidoscope method helped still it.

I also felt the author had a lot of integrity in saying that there are no guarantees that any method or remedy will work. Sleep problems are a huge issue. Sometimes something like serotonin deficiency (a growing problem) needs to be addressed. Other times, you are waking at the same time of night due to a problem with a particular organ or system. So this method may not be able to overcome physiological imbalances or 'bad' behavior. But it clearly gives results when your monkey mind is your key issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough to write a book about, March 11, 2013

Here-

Step 3 tells you to commit to sleeping.
Step 4 is the actual technique they outline. Try to make a kaleidoscope from the lights you can see when you close your eyes. Focus only on these lights and (step 5) refocus yourself when you find your thoughts drifting.

I'm really happy for you if this method helps you overcome your sleep problems, but don't waste your money on this.

3.0 out of 5 stars This method works, March 11, 2013
Charlie Brown "Glenn" (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
I have used this method myself for many years but could not explain it to other people, I used to call it watching a movie inside my eyelids but Kaleidoscope or moving lights is a better description. Worth a read if you need help sleeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for writing this book!, October 9, 2012
Vickie (Eastern Time Zone) - See all my reviews
When you get older, sleep has a way of eluding you on numerous occasions, even when your hormones are balanced and melatonin is in your system. For me, the nights when I wake up often prove difficult in getting back to sleep because I have trouble figuring out how to "turn off my brain."

Thankfully, Elli Yeates' book on Fall Asleep! has given me more insight into how to get back to sleep. I bought her book several days ago because I was looking for some helpful tips and tricks concerning sleep. I have not been disappointed. It is an easy read and she explains her concept well.

Now, for the last three nights since I bought her book, I have been able to figure out how to focus on going back to sleep. Personally, I am amazed it has worked for me and am so thankful I read it.

If you have trouble sleeping, I encourage you to buy Elli's book. It's a tremendous deal at 99 cents and knowing what I know now, I would pay a lot more for it! Sleep is priceless and so are Elli's tips and technique.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learned something new, October 7, 2012
As someone who has helped hundreds of people get over insomnia, I didn't expect to learn anything new on the subject. I'm happy to learn that my assumptions were wrong and will be trying out and passing on to my clients the kaleidoscope technique.

Here's to a good night sleep!

Melissa T.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not often that I rate only one star, April 4, 2013
I don't like giving bad reviews, especially for a book. That said, I cannot recommend this book. What the author has to say could have been said in a pamphlet. He is incredibly verbose, over states the obvious, and makes sweeping generalizations. His kaleidoscope method is based on seeing a kaleidoscope of colors when you close your eyes. He says everyone sees this. I tried it several times and I don't see it. I asked my husband and he doesn't see it either. So in addition to the poor writing, the method is flawed from the get go.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not understanding the one-star reviewers, April 25, 2013
I read this book last night, and it did work for me. I do not recall reading anything about making a kaleidoscope from lights. I just focused on what I see behind my eyelids in the dark. It's logical, you can't focus on your problems if you have something harmless to focus on.

For whatever reason, it worked and I will be sharing this link with my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars This RX is worth a billion stars, October 5, 2012
The content is worth as many stars as I can give it. Lack of good healthy sleep is creating an enormous health erosion in our culture. This is such a simple but profound solution.

My daughter, my son, my brother, many of my friends can not sleep well. They are all incredibly bright. They simply cannot turn off their brain. Here is a wonderful simple straight forward answer.

If that weren't enough, the book is easy to read, well written, and well organized. No heavy documentation about all the ills that lack of sleep causes - which is very true. Directions about what to do before bed are very important. Well rounded important information. I spent overnights in sleep clinics, and have done bunches of reading about sleep deficits. This book is solid gold. This book is easier to read than my review.

This technique works. The choice to read it is important. The choice to use it is important. The choice to use it in the middle of the night when you are very tired and not thinking straight is important. The choice to value yourself, your rest, your restoration, and your health are critical. Here is a simple direct powerful answer. It will be one of the wisest investments you have ever made. Make the choice to buy and save your sanity, your sleep and perhaps your own life.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, June 24, 2012
This is a short booklet about a way to get to sleep or back to sleep when you happen to wake up in the middle of the night. Waking up at 3:00 am or 4:00 am is a problem I have which was why I bought this book. I have to say I was amazed that the first time I tried it it worked, I went right back to sleep from 3:30 am until the alarm went off at 6:00 am. I have used it since and it keeps working. I am grateful to the author for sharing this technique. You will not be sorry you bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars rested, June 11, 2013
Concept was interested and yes it does work. I had my husband read the book as well. I think that the information will come in handy for a good nights sleep.

Rate and Discover Movies