For an aspiring college photographer who wants her own camera and has previously loved the family T2i, is buying the T4i over the T3i worth it?
asked by Linda L on November 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
I would argue that paying the little extra money for the T4i is completely worth it. It has a newer faster processor and a new touch screen that makes navigating the controls a breeze! I owned the T2i for two years and upgraded to the T4i and it has been fantastic. It's important to get a good lens to really show what your camera can do. I recommend the Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens. It's an overall pretty awesome lens. that's just a side note though. Hope this helps!
Ryan978 answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I definitely think the T49 is worth the money -- but only if you buy the nice STM lens. It is seriously an amazing lens, and I love the autofocus feature when you're taking video. Even if you're only focusing on photos, the camera is great. The enhanced auto function takes beautiful photos when you're in a hurry and don't have time to mess with ISO and aperture, and I think it takes crisper photos than the T2i (although it's probably just the nice lens). Go for it if you have the money.
LindsayW answered on November 25, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have had the t3i and now currently own the t4i... My wife LOVES the t4i, especially with the STM lens. The touch screen is really pretty cool and the live view mode is leaps and bounds more responsive than the t3i.
B. Rivers answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Maybe, the processor is faster, it depends on how much you would use it.
Patrick Neis answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Linda,
Since you are already familiar with the Rebel series making a decission should not be of much problem.
Being a beginner myself ive definatly enjoyed using the much useful touch screen on the T4i, trust me makes your job lot simpler.Also with the new processor saving and playback of images just got faster.
Ashwin answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The T4i is worth it. The new processor, plus the touch screen and video recording time of up to 29:59 minutes are amazing. My advice is if you can afford it, make sure to buy it with the 18-135mm STM lens instead of the 18-55mm non STM. Matched with that lens this camera can effectively compete with some of the more expensive ones. I would get this instead of the T3i
Nickson F. Mtaita answered on November 26, 2012

A
Absolutley . The T4i has a better processor . I also love the flip touch screen . It stays clean and is easy to change settings . I use a mini stylus rather than my finger . I know some people complained about the touch screen ... but think about it ... every other device we have has a touch screen (i-pads , i-phones , etc.) why not a camera .
I changed cameras after comparing my pictures with a friend of mine who had a T4i . His pictures had better color and seemed to be more focused .
Mark S. Goergen answered on November 26, 2012

A
Hi Linda,
Look at the feature list of both...As a photographer you will be more interested in the stills. Check out the resolution and fps. I think the t4i has the same sensor so probably not "loads" in it.. Good luck!
alex
Amazon Customer answered on November 26, 2012

A
I (mostly) love my T4i. I also have an XTi and a 50D. My one minor complaint is that it has the Rebel's lower magnification viewfinder, and not the bigger, easier to see viewfinder of their higher grade crop-sensor cameras. It does just about everything else better than either of those other bodies I mentioned, and I'm almost exclusively using it now. I love the touch screen. I was out last evening shooting the comet, and I was making adjustments on the screen using fingerless gloves, which would have been clumsier using the buttons and wheel.
P. Dellechiaie answered on March 13, 2013

A
The T4i offers small but noticeable improvements over the T3i. I have both; to be honest, both are very nice cameras for advanced amateurs/enthusiasts. I would spend the extra for the T4i. Rumors are that Canon will introduce a new Rebel this year, so ...
K. Silirie answered on March 20, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›