Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
asked by Warner L. Steward on May 9, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 46 answers
A
I've been working on this for about two hours and having the same problems. I've turned off the firewall in the router and my mac, I've forward the ports Apple suggests and nothing. I'm also eager to know if anyone gets this work because it's a huge drawback for this router if it disables all Facetime communications. It's something I use a lot and expect to use a lot more in the future.
Fridrik Hardarson answered on May 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
RD answered on June 26, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nope. No luck. And it keeps unmounting my network drive at inconvenient times. And Facetime is still not functional. A real disappointment.
Fridrik Hardarson answered on June 21, 2011

A
FYI guys.. I spoke with ASUS customer support and got this answer. They have problems with this router and facetime and they are working on it to resolve it. So far there is no solution. They also told me that the rt-n16 works fine with Facetime as they already tested it. I will be returning this unit and maybe getting Linksys E4200
C. Card answered on June 22, 2011

A
I have this same problem :( I don't want to go with Cisco's E4200 though because their WRT160NL was an epic fail. But if Asus doesn't fix this I might have to try it

Edit: I don't have this *same* problem, but FaceTime connection gets dropped sporadically on the 2.4ghz band (iPhone 4 can't use 5ghz). Still unacceptable for a high-end router IMO.
ice answered on June 23, 2011

A
I have a D-Link DIR-635 router. A facetime call locks up the router. Every device in the house loses Internet access. Attempts to connect to the router management page time out. Oddly enough, the facetime call is not interrupted when I cycle power on the router. So, facetime works but everything else fails.
Mr KnowItAll answered on September 4, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Asus customer support can claim there is nothing wrong, but if 7 people have posted comments on this site, there are probably 70 times 7 that have not reported it. I am with everyone else, if this is not resolved fairly soon, I will return.
Loehmann answered on July 16, 2011

A
Dear valued Customers,

We are working on the issue and we understand this is important to all user who have Iphone or Ipad device. We are really appreciatig your patient and will provide solution as quick as we can.

Best Regards,
ASUS Networking Support
ASUS Support answered on August 12, 2011

A
ASUS Networking support,

Any new developments??? I'm continuing to be frustrated with this issue. I love this great modem but this have been a huge disappoint for the last of FACETIME ability. I hope something can be figured out soon.

Patiently waiting...
Warner
Warner L. Steward answered on August 21, 2011

A
ASUS Support answered on October 12, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

See all questions about this product