Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by U. Shelat on August 17, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Gracie W answered on August 25, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No tablet except the Asus transformer can power a portable hard drive and only through their keyboard dock. Most tablets don't have enough power to turn on large external devices such as an optical drive or hard drive. If you want to be able to connect to those devices then you need to get a usb powered hub or use a desktop external hard drive with its own power supply or an optical drive with its own power supply. The usb port on tablets are only capable of powering flash drives.
P. Mai answered on August 23, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes you can attach any 2.0 external hard drive that is designed to use the power from the usb such as a Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB USB 3.0/2.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Midnight Black) .
You can also attach an external DVD drive that runs off the usb power, such as the AmazonBasics USB 2.0 8x DVD Writer External Optical Drive (Black)
Gracie W answered on August 17, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thanks
U. Shelat answered on August 18, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Scott D. Espenschied answered on December 26, 2012

A
I do. I use a WD 500 gig XHD. The usb plugs into the dock USB port. there is no port in the tablet.
Jeff Miller answered on April 18, 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on Aug 25, 2011 8:44:06 AM PDT]

A
[Deleted by the author on Aug 25, 2011 8:27:22 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product