Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Does anyone have a clue when these will be available again. I've been watching for weeks and there's been no change in the status.
asked by Jennifer Kelley on November 13, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
I am currently chatting with Vishnu regarding the $249 Chromebook ( ) availability to see if it's guaranteed for Christmas delivery. I don't want to preorder (won't be charged until it's shipped of course) if it's not guaranteed to arrive by Christmas (Dec. 24 would be my cutoff, obviously). Here is a cut and paste of our conversation. I couldn't grab his "you're welcome" but this is his pasted reply:
Chat
End Chat
You are now connected to Vishnu from Amazon.com.
Me:Hi! I want to order a Chromebook, but I see they are out of stock. I see that I can preorder one, and that I won't be charged until it ships. However, this is a Chromebook for a Christmas present, and I need to know if stock and shipment are guaranteed for Christmas. If not, then I'm not comfortable ordering. What can you tell me? I am willing to buy today if my order can be guaranteed. Thanks. Name hidden 8:21:33
Vishnu:Hello, my name is Vishnu. I will be happy to help you. 08:21:48
Me:Obviously, I'm referring the the $249 build, and a new, not reconditioned item. Thank you!08:21:55
Vishnu:Just for confirmation are you referring to Amazon instant video?08:22:55
Me:I'm sorry, I'm referring to the Chromebook you sell. It's a computer. I am not sure why you are referring to Amazon Instant Video? The Chromebook is out of stock, but I need to know if I buy something, it's going to be guaranteed to ship for Christmas. 08:24:02
Vishnu:May I have the ASIN or the URL/ link of the item, please, so that I can check that for you?08:24:29
Me:Certainly. 08:24:39
Vishnu:Take your time,name hidden.08:26:18
Me:B009LL9VDG08:26:21
Me:I had a hard time finding it on product page :-)08:26:34
Vishnu:Thank you for the information.08:26:35
Vishnu:May I place the chat on hold for 2-3 minutes while I check the details?08:26:49
Me:Thank you very much.08:26:59
Me:Yes I will hold Thank you08:27:13
Vishnu:Thank you for being on hold.08:29:35
Vishnu:The information is not provided by the manufacturer and hence I'm not sure of the exact delivery date. However you can place the order and I'm sure that you'll receive the order before Christmas.08:31:03
Vishnu:You can place the order and if the order has not been shipped until the end of this month you are welcome to cancel the order.08:31:45
Vishnu:You'll not be charged if you cancel the order.08:31:59
Me:Okay, fair enough. Thank you Vishnu!
Book Lover answered on November 16, 2012
Comment (1) | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Newegg has them!
Joan L. Powers answered on November 28, 2012
Comments (4) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I ordered mine on 10-29 from Amazon and got it delivered on 11-8.
Silverstreak answered on November 14, 2012
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Staples online, free overnight delivery
WTanis answered on November 14, 2012
Comments (3) | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I ordered mine and got it in two weeks even though it wasn't in stock.
JR Peyton answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ordered 12/2, received shipping notification on 12/11 with delivery date of 12/14.
P. H. Adams answered on December 12, 2012

A
Ordered on 12/4, just got notice that it should arrive around 12/18
jd answered on December 12, 2012

A
Ordered 12/6, notified today it should arrive no later than 12/22.
Lori D. answered on December 12, 2012

A
I ordered mine Dec 3rd and it was delivered today, Dec 14th. I received a notice on Dec 12th that they had a Delivery estimate, which was Dec 19-22, then on the next day I received another notice that it shipped and when I checked the tracking I saw that it was set for the next day! I don't know if they upgraded to overnight shipping because of the wait times and the courtesy to get them delivered by Christmas, but I'm not complaining. It was much better than what I expected. I am typing this answer on my new Chromebook, and while it's too early for a review, I can say I'm very happy with my purchase so far!
Ijano answered on December 14, 2012

A
Hi - I ordered mine December 1st and have no word on status. Has anyone heard when more will be in? Trying to have delivery in time for xmas. Thanks, Jeanne
Jeanne B. White answered on December 5, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product