This book is available on iBooks but not on Kindle... weird... anybody know why? (as of Oct 2011)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2011 11:03:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 11:14:31 PM PDT
This book is available on iBooks but not on Kindle... weird... anybody know why? (as of Oct 5, 2011)

(update: I might have some clue, as the book on iBooks support flipping of pages by: First see the left page, and then you can slide the page to the left and show the right page, so you can scroll the two pages as a "two page side by side" mode. Maybe this isn't available on the Kindle and so the publisher didn't want it on Kindle, because it defeats the beautiful design of the book. (try a sample of it on iBooks and you will see how it is like).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2011 2:23:49 PM PDT
Walt Duncan says:
Your update is what I think too. Between page layout and illustrations, I don't think it would have looked good on kindle; it would basically have been like buying half the book. I appreciate the heads up on iBooks though. I prefer kindle, but I'd rather own the book digitally than have a hard copy (though I may just buy for my step brother in hardback, and read it before I give it to him).

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 6:08:18 AM PDT
S. Sanchez says:
but this book will look so nice on the kindle fire!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 3:26:14 AM PST
drbobo says:
K Fire screen too small. Book barely works on the iPad.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True
The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True by Richard Dawkins (Hardcover - October 4, 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (562)