I'm no different than the many other Mahjong lovers who'll buy just about any Mahjong app out there! When I spotted this one with it's simple title: "Mahjong", I honestly didn't expect much. But, the photos looked promising & for .99¢ I figured I'd give it a try. I'm sure glad I did! =)

Although, this isn't the best Mahjong app I own, it is...
Published on November 16, 2012 by T. L.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Invasive.
the game it self is fine, but on installation, it wants permissions which are too invasive, and just don't make sense for a free app. I can see no reason for it to be dependent on a network connection, or to have access to any aspect of contacts or call info, unless it is data mining. Paid apps have no business doing that!
Published on December 19, 2012 by Steven F Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Looking Mahjong Game! Needs Just A Little Work To Make it Perfect!, November 16, 2012
This review is from: MahJong (App)

Although, this isn't the best Mahjong app I own, it is one of the most beautifully designed. It's gorgeous selection of 10 different tile sets & an animated 3-D rotating table that you can either have rotate automatically or move it yourself as you work your way around each board layout removing your tiles; makes for an entirely different atmosphere while playing Mahjong.

You can choose to play in Relaxed or Timed Mode in 3 different levels: Easy, Difficult or Insane. I highly recommend practicing in the Relaxed Mode on the Easy Level then increase to Difficult, then Insane (these 3 modes make your layouts much larger with many more layers of tiles) Once you feel comfortable with the most difficult level, only then, do I suggest you attempt to switch over to the Timed Mode.

I absolutely LOVE the appearance of this Mahjong game however, it has NO option to UNDO a move and there are no HINTS if you get stuck. If there are no more moves, it will tell you & automatically shuffle the tiles.

My biggest concern regarding this app is for their request for certain permissions. I can't possibly think of ANY REASON why this app would need to know what apps are currently running or have recently been running on my device. There may be a reasonable explanation for it but until I absolutely understand it, I turn OFF my Wi-Fi and/ or place my phone in Airplane Mode PRIOR to starting up this app to play. I STRONGLY urge you to do the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple game w/?able permissions, November 19, 2012
This review is from: MahJong (App)
To start, this is a nicely varied tile game, w/really nice music. I agree w/ another reviewer concerning permissions: why the interest in what is running on my device? One other aspect that bothers me is a lack of choice of games and no indication (from the playing of the games so far) of games previously played.
That said, the various sets of tiles are really nice and the 3D w/rotating table so you are able to view your game from different angles is a nice touch. This game has the best music of any mahjong game I've played so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mahjong app, November 9, 2012
Mary (Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MahJong (App)
Just purchased this app. Love anything Mahjong and purchase them, but usually once I see reviews from others. I decided to purchase this and for 99 cents it has great graphics, a variety of tile sets to chose from but not sure with the paid app how many levels are included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Invasive., December 19, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: MahJong (App)
I got this for my Kindle as I am often out where I have to wait on one thing or another & this is a great way to spend the time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Addicting, January 28, 2013
This review is from: MahJong (App)
I love this game but I can only play the classic screen. All the others are too difficult because of the color choices. They hurt my eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grest game, January 22, 2013
This review is from: MahJong (App)
The different versions are great. Half the fun is learning all the symbols. If you like MahJong, I recommend this app.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good thing it didn't cost much, November 25, 2012
This review is from: MahJong (App)
This ap runs upside down on your screen. Could not figure out a resolution. Confusing usage. Deleted it from my tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mahjong rocks, February 11, 2013
This review is from: MahJong (App)
love this game the insane difficult rocks spend all my breaks playing this fun game very hard to turn off

5.0 out of 5 stars MahJong, February 7, 2013
This review is from: MahJong (App)
Love the fast delivery of Amazon Whispernet! Was playing within literally minutes of ordering. Great game for building concentration, awareness. Love haing it on my Kindle.

MahJong