5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine
Published on May 22, 2010 by M. Kuhl

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for JPEGs
I bought this, and then started shooting RAW.. So, now this is just another lens cap. Other than that, it works like it says it does.
Published 19 months ago by Shaneface

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, May 22, 2010
This review is from: BRNO baLens BAL52 52mm White Balance Snap-on Lens Cap with Neutral and Warm Domes (Electronics)
I found this to work pretty good. However I have a filter on my lens and you have to be careful when putting this on to make sure that it is actually on securely or it will fall off. It seems to be a little harder to put on than the original filter. I like the fact that it comes with 2 domes. The neutral seem to work the best under incandescent light and the warm seems to better for me in other lighting situations. The dome fits in really tight and I have to use a coin or something strong to change the dome. (I have another one of these and the dome is easy to change with your fingers) It has worked as promised and I like the fact that I can just leave it on the lens and not have to dig it out of a pocket every time I need it. I get good color results with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Custom white balance from now on., January 22, 2010
This piece of plastic alone has greatly improved my photos and lessened my time spent editing them on my computer. I will never use auto-white balance again. In fact, I got another one of these for my other lens. It is so convenient and certainly worth the money in the long run. Make sure when you use this that you take a shot in auto mode which I sometimes forget and the white balance is all wrong. But that's user error. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use. Professional results., September 15, 2012
I recently purchased my first DSLR camera. I love it, but my one issue was getting the white balance correct. The AWB setting really only works some of the time. This lens cover with white balance is PERFECT! You always have it with you since its the lens cap, and using it to customize the white balance of your photos is as easy as taking a picture.

Take a picture with the lens cap on.

Set the custom white balance using the photo you just took.

Set the white balance to Custom.

THAT'S IT!

Professional results for every novice.

5.0 out of 5 stars custom white balance lens cap, March 24, 2014
I could not be happier with this device. My shots in harsh light turn out so much better, shade/shadow lighting shots much better too.
I can't imagine not using this anymore, that's how much I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, February 5, 2014
This makes white balancing a snap. I don't have a good eye for white balancing with post processing, so this has cut out a lot of that editing time. Easy to use, great lens cap. I just use the warmer colored plastic piece. Got a larger one on ebay for my other lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Have These in Various Sizes, December 5, 2013
M. Random (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I have picked up a number of these in various sizes for my favorite lenses since they are so useful. Getting a good custom WB setting is painless using these. Simply point at your subject and set the WB. I know that there may be a concern of setting WB based on reflected light vs incident light, but I find that this does a good job and is superior to auto-WB in difficult situations. And, as I said before, it is dead simple, doesn't require carrying around a gray card and you always have this with you since it is your lens cap.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for JPEGs, May 13, 2013
Shaneface (Florence, SC) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Works well but, January 26, 2013
terry nelson (SUWANEE, GA, US) - See all my reviews
It is very cheaply made. I am a sports photographer so I am running and gunning daily. This product was purchased to help me limit my processing but could not hold up. Broke after two jobs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless., July 31, 2012
Thought it was a clever idea, but it really does not give you a good white balance. The little white bubble pops out WAY to easily, leaving a gaping hole which renders the thing useless even as a spare lens cap.

One star for not adequately doing what it was designed to do, and for being cheaply made.

2.0 out of 5 stars I get better results with Lally Cap, September 27, 2011
G. Rice (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I could never get the white balance set correctly using this product. It also works with only one size of lens. I use my Lally Cap instead because it provides very good results and it can be used with multiple sizes of lenses.