Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
I know it is backward compatible with USB2.0. But do I need a seperate cable for this to connect with usb2.0?If so, do I need to purchase that cable?
asked by Yogesh Goyal on November 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
No separate cable needed nor do you need to buy one. You can use the one out of the box.
bob Lynch answered on November 18, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes....You can use the cable that comes with it and it works fine with USB 2.0 and 3.0....and of course great performance with 3.0 USB connection.. Please also note a standard USB cable won't work....
Aavam answered on November 18, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nope. You can use the same cable it comes with for USB 3.0.
mikeG answered on November 18, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nope, USB 3.0 cable which is in the box works with USB 2.0 ports in any computer as well.
Tytus answered on November 18, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
you can use the cable Supplied in Both USB 2 and USB 3 Ports
Mr. P. Cripsey answered on November 19, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Could not be any easier. just get 2.5 inch SATA Hard Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter Cable with Silicon Protective Case connect the drive to a usb port. Go to the seagate site download and run their Drive wizard and follow the directions.
M. Mazor answered on November 19, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Use the same cable for USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
M K answered on November 19, 2012

A
No, you don't need to purchase a new usb2.0 cable. The usb3.0 cable included in the package will either fit or work well with your usb2.0 or usb3.0 connectors on your computer. And I don't think you can use a 2.0 cable in case of you have or want to buy one, because the 3.0 header on the HDD, which will connect to the cable, is different from the old version for usb2.0.
K. Le answered on November 19, 2012

A
A standard USB 2.0 cable will work fine for your connection.
D. Davis answered on November 18, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product