Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

its bands like this and goth bands like the cure that started all of this emo crap

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2007 10:18:40 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2007 4:29:26 PM PDT
elvishmonkey says:
hmmmm
go flush your head down the toilet

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2007 1:06:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 4, 2012 5:22:32 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2007 5:06:56 PM PDT
Who are the Sex Pistols? Are we just making up bands?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2007 9:38:42 PM PST
Ryan Herling says:
almost none of those bands say theyre punk.

but thats besides the point. you seem to be saying that punk is the only good kind of music.

i always have found the mentality of punk rock enthusiasts laughable. you dont believe in anarchy. look at you. youre posting on a site where people can buy anything from Abercrombie polo shirts to sex toys.

and yknow, i dont like yellowcard or Good Charlotte either. but its not because for me they fail to embody the punk spirit..its because i find their songs repetitive, dull and pretentious. The Cure and Smashing Pumpkins are amazing bands with equally unique styles to offer, and dont even try to just dump everything you dont like on them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2008 9:26:23 PM PDT
L. Ricciuti says:
Why are there so many of these? I like they way the post above mine puts it. I wish I was that cohesive. Please grow up.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2008 8:51:40 PM PDT
Jeff Milam says:
dude, be quiet already. nobody really likes emo nowadays anyway. pretty soon it'll fade and we'll hopefully have real music back. so, for now, nobody wants to hear you what you think about "real" punk vs "fake" punk.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2008 10:38:00 AM PDT
see "Music as expression"

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2009 11:14:45 AM PDT
Derek says:
@ahay,

The Pumpkins were only on the fringe of grunge, and only very briefly. The most adequate genre for them (at least, that encompasses all of their music) is probably "alternative," though I hate calling any music that.

Posted on Apr 18, 2009 2:24:52 PM PDT
L. Ricciuti says:
It's funny how the name "Alternative" evolved. I can see why you hate sticking its label on things. It used to mean an alternative to the mainstream, but now that's what they call mainstream rock music! I mean, even the Pumpkins are fairly mainstream, aren't they? Mellon Collie sold several million copies.

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 4:55:02 PM PDT
S. skipp says:
One of the themes I regularly pick up in listening to "real" punk is fundamental contempt for the ideas of respect and idolatry. Come on, Johnny Rotten sang about kicking someone in the face while they're praying.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2009 5:33:51 PM PDT
JMichael,

are you serious?
you don't know who the Sex Pistols are?
they pretty much created the punk genre, not only with their music but with their style and their behavior

without them punk would've never been

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 1:45:16 PM PST
jl0113 says:
I don't think you know what you're talking about. Emo is its own category of crap and only capable of one level of emotion, while this album shows so much more. Emo music is some of the shallowest stuff out there, much like most of the music produced these days. It's totally incomparable with what this band produces. Besides, where do you get that this is punk? The Smashing Pumpkins is considered alternative rock...

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 10:11:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 4, 2012 5:22:49 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 5:15:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2012 5:51:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 5:19:09 PM PDT
mikespace says:
Butt rock is the new punk rock, because it's probably the only form of rock that doesn't think it's about the change the world.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins (Audio CD - 1995)
4.6 out of 5 stars (872)